Can a link be opened "embedded" in...

User 179977 Photo

158 posts

I am sure there must be some way to do this, but it may not be worth the hassle.
I am working on a real estate site that has a multitude of quick links, which allows you to search MLS for properties in different areas. The links open a MLS data base result with all of the properties meeting the criteria. The problem is that if I set the link target as blank, they open in a new tab or window with nothing else on the page but the search results. It makes it look like you left the original website. Same thing if the target is self, as it replaces the original page.
What I would like to accomplish is to keep the upper portion of the web page intact (header image, navigation, etc.) and have the links open below that so it appears you are still on the same website, and leaving you with navigation to continue. I am not well versed in CSS or html and any assistance would be appreciated. Thx
User 2868102 Photo

17 posts
Online Now

Without programmatically appending the results to a div on your page, the easiest way you could potentially accomplish this is via an iFrame (making no assumptions about the architecture of your page / site).
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Phil wrote:
I am sure there must be some way to do this, but it may not be worth the hassle.
I am working on a real estate site that has a multitude of quick links, which allows you to search MLS for properties in different areas. The links open a MLS data base result with all of the properties meeting the criteria. The problem is that if I set the link target as blank, they open in a new tab or window with nothing else on the page but the search results. It makes it look like you left the original website. Same thing if the target is self, as it replaces the original page.
What I would like to accomplish is to keep the upper portion of the web page intact (header image, navigation, etc.) and have the links open below that so it appears you are still on the same website, and leaving you with navigation to continue. I am not well versed in CSS or html and any assistance would be appreciated. Thx

Place an html element for the results into a modal reveal ( give it a unique ID) which opens over the original page, then when closed the original page is still there.then the quick link buttons to "Data Open" (name of the modal Reveal ID)
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Wayan Jaya wrote:
Phil wrote:

Place an Html element for each of the quick link button results into a modal reveal ( give it a unique ID) which opens over the original page, then when closed the original page is still there. then set the quick link buttons to "Href (modal Reveal ID) attributes ="Data Open" (name of the modal Reveal ID)
set attributes to data animate in = however you want (fade-in / scale-in-up or down slide-in etc, set data animate out however you want also. If you don't set an attribute then it will just sort of jump in & jump out
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 179977 Photo

158 posts

I tried the modal route but was not successful. On W3 School there was a modal you could play with, which I did. Even if I was able to make this work, I would want the link to automatically open when the modal was triggered. I found no way to do this (but then again, my html skills are very slim). Every iteration I tried opened the modal with a link inside that had to be clicked on to finally open the target link.

This whole process may be a bit beyond my skills at this time. Thanks for the effort.
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,181 posts
Online Now

You can trigger a link click on a modal open if that's what you need. But if your looking to click the link you should be able to use the links location within the modal to show it content.
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 179977 Photo

158 posts

The intent would be to have text links on the website open in the modal, so that when the modal opened the link target would be displayed inside, with no further action from the user.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Phil wrote:
The intent would be to have text links on the website open in the modal, so that when the modal opened the link target would be displayed inside, with no further action from the user.

Place the html element in the modal window which contains the code for the oage you want displayed add as many modal reveals as you need
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 179977 Photo

158 posts

I tried that but it did not open immediately when the modal window opened. I still had to click inside the window for the link to open.
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Phil wrote:
I tried that but it did not open immediately when the modal window opened. I still had to click inside the window for the link to open.

I dont understand what you have to click

The html element contains the iframe to the page that displays the results just like opening a page I do it many times don't have to click anything maybe I'm misunderstood what you are requiring
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.