Black Mirror theme navigation - Post...

User 1869666 Photo

229 posts

I've been working with the Black Mirror theme for a few days and all was going well until I noticed yesterday that something I have done has caused the Top-nav Symbol to replicate itself two and sometimes three on a page. When I delete the duplicate Container(s) it also causes the all the Links to disappear from the remaining Top-nav. I'd really like to not have to start over with this project in a fresh Black Mirror theme.

Any ideas?
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Hard to say what has happened without seeing the code, you know...
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts

Carolyn Borjon wrote:
I've been working with the Black Mirror theme for a few days and all was going well until I noticed yesterday that something I have done has caused the Top-nav Symbol to replicate itself two and sometimes three on a page. When I delete the duplicate Container(s) it also causes the all the Links to disappear from the remaining Top-nav. I'd really like to not have to start over with this project in a fresh Black Mirror theme.

Any ideas?
Hi Carolyn
First make a backup of the project file just in-case this suggestion doesn't work

when you duplicate (or copy & paste) a symbol on the same page, if that symbol has an ID, then as you can't have 2 ID with the same name, it appends a number to the duplicated symbol, (as the warning message that pops up says, and you have to say ok.)

1/ If you are saying that somehow the symbol was duplicated (or copied & pasted) on a page & you didn't get that message then it might ne an error with your project file,
    1/a go to the inspector tab and check to see if yhe remaining container "Top Nav" hasn't got the ID with a number appended.
    1/b if it has delete the appended number so that the ID is just "Top Nav"
If that doesn't work
    1/a Delete all instances of the whole symbol from that page.
    1/b go to a different page and check to make sure yhat the container on that page is still working ok
    If it is still ok, go to the symbols tab and delete the symbol.
    make sure the whole container on the page where the symbol was ok is still selected, back to the symbols tab, and select "make new symbol from selection"
    1/c Open the original page where you deleted the symbol
    1/d open the symbols tab and select the :insert into canvas: button

That should then put everything back;

If that doesn'y work, you will probably either have to raise a support ticket or start again.

Good luck any problems following the suggestion let me know I I will try explain again
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 1869666 Photo

229 posts

I'm happy to report that with your concise directions Wayan, I was able to correct the navigation issues I somehow made for myself. Inger did such a great job on that theme but somehow I messed it up. I'm so glad I got it working again. I just noticed that one of the pages has the navigation but not the Symbol so I'll have to be sure to update that page if I have to make any changes.Thanks again for your help!!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.