Attempting to open version 2 site...

User 2753939 Photo

2 posts

Hi, Ive designed and been maintaining a responsive website with rsd ver 2 for sometime learning as i went.
Recently upgraded to ver 3 and finally tonight got time to try to open the old project file except i wasn't at all sure what to upgrade the file to so opted for foundation first, the program just hung on setting up panels for over 20mins when i stopped it through task manager. Then tried again selecting bootstrap 4 with the same result. How long does it usually take to open an old version project file?
The file is stored on a lan server rather than the local machine, but i wouldn't have thought that was an issue.

Thanks Paul
User 84349 Photo

65 posts

Paul
No one who has more knowledge of sd3 seems to have responded to your query so I'll try.
I have sd3 although not using it and sticking with rsd2.5 until I have time.
What I could do if it would help is to download your file onto my version of sd3 and if it downloads easily then you will know the problem is at your end.
To do this I would need you to Dropbox the file to me.

Regards

Russ
Russ
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Hi Paul,

You do not have to pick a framework when you open your RSD 2.5 file in SD3. Just open SD3 then select open and search for your project file. SD3 will automatically import your project and convert it to SD3 in which ever framework you started with. Just remember to save as right away because once you open it in SD3 it will covert it and you will no longer be able to open your project in RSD2.5.

Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 2753939 Photo

2 posts

Hi

Thanks for the replies, Having had another look at it tonight, it appears I have an error message! It says my rsd2.5 site uses the coffeegrinder framework which is no longer supported and do i want to upgrade it to bootstrap4, foundation or materialize , none of which seem to work, or i can click cancel in which case nothing is loaded.
Unless there is a simple way round this I think I'm going to carry on editing the site using rsd2.5 and do the next update from scratch in sd3.

thanks Paul
User 84349 Photo

65 posts

Paul

I'd go along with your solution.

I'm happy in 2.5 thanks in no small measure to the help available on the forum and I see it a really big learning curve to go to SD3 where the level of knowledge on that forum is still developing.

I am putting off rewriting my coffeegrinder sites until I have learnt more.

Russ
Russ
User 84349 Photo

65 posts

Paul
I opened a coffee grinder file in sd3.
It asked me if I wanted it in foundation framer, bootstrap or materialize(?). I chose foundation framer and within 1 minute it reopened in new format. It was only a small file but it didn't hang.
Hope this helps.

Russ
Russ

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.