upgrade to shopping cart creator pro...

User 1950693 Photo

29 posts

I am not trying to come across as a jerk, but here goes...
I never got the option of an affordable upgrade price discount or coupon as some big announcement in my inbox, either. I only found out after visiting the website for upgrades on my products. That's when I also found out that one of the other products I purchased was obsolete without any option or affordable upgrade price. I guess we're SOL, even though we've been loyal customers for years.
P.S. Coffecup, you should all know by now that your customers are not cheapskates, we really just can't afford any other software for our micro businesses. That's why we came to you. You offer great products and great customer service. I prefer to support small business and would rather own than rent my software from my servers partners that really offer no customer service for building software anyway. I know that you all have to make a living too, but I am sensing that you are beginning to follow the business model of other companies that could care less about their customers and go straight for the bottom line. Say it ain't so! :/
We want to keep coming back and I know you want us to also! Please, just make it right for those of us who have asked nicely. I asked nicely and was told the same thing. We gave you offers and you didn't take them, they are now expired, now go and purchase the new version.
"Become the change you wish to see in the world." -Mahatma Ghandi
Kris
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Kris,

I'm not sure which program(s) you are talking about here since the "Shopping Cart Creator" has not been discontinued. Please let us know and we'll see about moving this post in the correct location. Did you open a ticket to ask about it or just post here to ask about it in a different thread? Many times they will extend other offers if someone has missed the emails, just not sure on any of the cart software since it's been years since the last upgrades, emails were sent a very long time ago so be sure you're setup on the newsletter list. Sign up again even just to make sure. Good luck with it :)
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,188 posts

Watch your email, deals for discounts come in all the time. There was a 25 or 30 percent off anything just a few weeks ago I think.:)
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Kris wrote:
I am not trying to come across as a jerk, but here goes...
I never got the option of an affordable upgrade price discount or coupon as some big announcement in my inbox, either. I only found out after visiting the website for upgrades on my products. That's when I also found out that one of the other products I purchased was obsolete without any option or affordable upgrade price. I guess we're SOL, even though we've been loyal customers for years.
P.S. Coffecup, you should all know by now that your customers are not cheapskates, we really just can't afford any other software for our micro businesses. That's why we came to you. You offer great products and great customer service. I prefer to support small business and would rather own than rent my software from my servers partners that really offer no customer service for building software anyway. I know that you all have to make a living too, but I am sensing that you are beginning to follow the business model of other companies that could care less about their customers and go straight for the bottom line. Say it ain't so! :/
We want to keep coming back and I know you want us to also! Please, just make it right for those of us who have asked nicely. I asked nicely and was told the same thing. We gave you offers and you didn't take them, they are now expired, now go and purchase the new version.

I would say at a minimim, in the 4 years since you purchased Shopping Cart Creator Basic, we have offered you the opportunity to upgrade the Pro version at least 40+ times. That is just a conservative number. We always bend over backwards when programs are released to make sure existing customers are taken care of. Heck, look at the Word Hunt going on now. You have also had 4+ years of free upgrades as well.

SCC Basic is not discontinued, so you are not left with anything obsolete at all. You can continue you to use it. If you want the Pro versions, just purchase that seperately. It is not an "upgrade", it is a new program. That is why over the course of 4+ years we have been offering you discounts. You just have to accept them when offered. ;)

Support however has to go both ways. The more you support us, the more we can support you in return. Your last purchase was in 2009 Kris. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1950693 Photo

29 posts

Apparently the same thing that happened to Kenneth happened to me, I had Hotmail as my contact email here and had to change it as it was completely blocking any email from Coffeecup.com. I was waiting for the SCC Pro (what I thought was an upgrade as well) to come out. By the time I found out that it had, apparently I missed all the affordable deals. Oh well, I'll have to save up for the purchase eventually when the only feature I really need is the automatic "SOLD" indicator function. Other than having to export and manually upload my shop every time, I am happy enough with this software. That is one more reason I'm leery of purchasing the Pro software. What if I still have to manually upload everything? Even if I use the trial version to find out, that will pretty much screw with my functioning website, from what I've read in the forums. Steve, please convince me that I will be satisfied with this purchase, even at a discount! lol
;)
Kris
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Kris wrote:
Apparently the same thing that happened to Kenneth happened to me, I had Hotmail as my contact email here and had to change it as it was completely blocking any email from Coffeecup.com. I was waiting for the SCC Pro (what I thought was an upgrade as well) to come out. By the time I found out that it had, apparently I missed all the affordable deals. Oh well, I'll have to save up for the purchase eventually when the only feature I really need is the automatic "SOLD" indicator function. Other than having to export and manually upload my shop every time, I am happy enough with this software. That is one more reason I'm leery of purchasing the Pro software. What if I still have to manually upload everything? Even if I use the trial version to find out, that will pretty much screw with my functioning website, from what I've read in the forums. Steve, please convince me that I will be satisfied with this purchase, even at a discount! lol
;)

The Pro trial version is fully functional. Just open your shop in the Pro version and publish to a new URL on your website so that it does not impact your existing shop. You can then test it all out and see if you like it. If you decide you do not like it, your shop created in the Basic version will be untouched and you can continue with that.

I am pretty sure though that you will love it. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1950693 Photo

29 posts

Thanks so much Scott, I will give it a try and see what it can do for me! :)
Yep, ya'll rock.
Kris
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Kris, take this a step further, and you will find a frightening statistic

Any of your clients who reply to your hotmail address may think you are ignoring them toooooooo

It took me ages to discover this but hotmail blocks all email aliases which accounts for a good 50% of the emails i receive from my clients.

Further more, if my clients are sending to me from hotmail, especially (ie) a paypal payment, if i have to inform them of fore instance a concern about their engraving instructions, they never get my reply.

Don't use hotmail for business, its a friends to friends email account.

And make sure the address you are using is not an alias, so they get your replies

Confused, not surprised I was :lol:
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

As a thought. With the form it is usual to have some kind of data saving. You could interrogate that or create a script to display say the last 20 submissions to see if you have missed out. So even though you may not receive an email the saved data would show the email address of who submitted.

Off topic Viv I have some interesting programs on edge detection, Nothing perfect though, I will email you
The Guy from OZ

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.