Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Sadly without any radical improvement to the current shipping module, the 'pro' version of the cart software just isn't a realistic proposition for many of us at the moment Scott.

To give you some very blunt feedback, it's no good having pretty designs, if shipping transactions actually cost the shop owner money, or their customers get overcharged. :(
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

WILL_UK wrote:
Sadly without any radical improvement to the current shipping module, the 'pro' version of the cart software just isn't a realistic proposition for many of us at the moment Scott.

To give you some very blunt feedback, it's no good having pretty designs, if shipping transactions actually cost the shop owner money, or their customers get overcharged. :(

We will eventually get to that point and some of the infrastructure for that in the software now. We just have other important items to tackle first. Things like search, inventory management, digital downloads, more merchants etc. Those features are equally important to other users as shipping is to some. We just can't do everything all at once ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 487638 Photo

11 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
[quote=WILL_UK] We just have other important items to tackle first. Things like search, inventory management, digital downloads, more merchants etc. Those features are equally important to other users as shipping is to some. We just can't do everything all at once ;)

Any news on when digital downloads are going to be available in some form whichever version of SCC (basic or pro)
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
We will eventually get to that point and some of the infrastructure for that in the software now. We just have other important items to tackle first. Things like search, inventory management, digital downloads, more merchants etc. Those features are equally important to other users as shipping is to some. We just can't do everything all at once ;)

Just don't let the software get as complex as some of the other cart software out there, with all those extra features you're planning. :)

A lot of us already have to cope with the burdens of feature rich programs and the mound of add on modules we have incorporated into them. :( True they have every feature you could possibly ever envisage, but none of them will take the customer straight out from the cart to a payment provider. With shopping cart abandonment quoted at around 50 percent for all net enterprises, that's where SCC truly comes into its own.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Rachel Wood wrote:
Scott Swedorski wrote:
[quote=WILL_UK] We just have other important items to tackle first. Things like search, inventory management, digital downloads, more merchants etc. Those features are equally important to other users as shipping is to some. We just can't do everything all at once ;)

Any news on when digital downloads are going to be available in some form whichever version of SCC (basic or pro)

When it is implemented, it will most likely be in the pro version only.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 487638 Photo

11 posts

I guessed as much.. Do you have any idea on when it will be released? I've found various conflicting answers on the forums, you seem to be the man to ask
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Rachel Wood wrote:
I guessed as much.. Do you have any idea on when it will be released? I've found various conflicting answers on the forums, you seem to be the man to ask

No set ETA but I think within the next month or so.
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Rachel Wood wrote:
Any news on when digital downloads are going to be
available in some form whichever version of SCC (basic or pro)

Pro version is set to be released by end of year, as of latest word. The digital downloads appears to be planned for that release.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Dave Butler wrote:
Hi Scott
Some suggestions for SCC basic/Pro (I have not been able to check if paypal or google checkout provide any of these)
Will there be an ability to email an order acknowledgement and/or a despatch note/ invoice.
Ability to use an order ref number and/or invoice number.
Any thoughts on creating a transaction file with product, qty, value, order/inv ref,date,total order value etc. This would very useful for an audit trail.
Perhaps somehow it would possible to copy this transaction file to a spreadsheet for sales analysis.
In he Uk many online shops email a confirmation of order and then email an invoice on despatch of goods.

SCC doesn't send/create order confirmations to the customer? I didn't realize that either. That is definitely something that should be in here I think too.
Being able to use an order number is almost a must these days for tracking things. So I'm kind of confused here. When we get orders we have to create our own order confirmations and put our order numbers in it ourselves? That could get quite tedious to do that manually if you end up with a reallllly busy shop lol. Most other cart softwares have this built in to send at least the order confirmation.

I haven't tried an actual transaction yet, guess I'll do that today and see what it does lol. Does it at least show you your order confirmation online for you to print?

I second the suggestions Dave made that they are very important also.
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Jo Ann,
I'm quite certain that PayPal and Google handle the confirmation notification.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.