Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

David Lunn wrote:
Scott,

Any reason behind the release of Shopping Cart 3.7 today? I couldn't see anything different.

David

Please see http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/coffeec … 7-is-here/
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 487638 Photo

11 posts

Hi Scott,

Suggestion I thought of, I can't see a way of already doing this.. I could be having a blonde moment of course...

Is there a way of having a new page linking to a web address outside of SCC. In this way I could link in a blog seamlessly.

Hope that makes sense

Rachel
(Elliott the other half says he's loving the pro designer so far)
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Rachel Wood wrote:
Hi Scott,

Suggestion I thought of, I can't see a way of already doing this.. I could be having a blonde moment of course...

Is there a way of having a new page linking to a web address outside of SCC. In this way I could link in a blog seamlessly.

Hope that makes sense

Rachel
(Elliott the other half says he's loving the pro designer so far)

You are not having a blond moment ;) All pages that are added must be a part of the shop. There is no way to have it link to an external page.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 482666 Photo

19 posts

It would be great to have an option to leave SOLD items visible on the site, just with the price removed and a SOLD notation... this allows people to see what they've missed, and might encourage some to buy without dawdling lest they lose out again ;-) It can also encourage people to write and ask about similar items, thus giving the shop owner an idea of what items are in demand.

Also, a helpful option would be to list items with no price for information purposes. As example, I have several big-ticket items where price is negotiable, but I don't want to list any price. Kilabyte gave a nice HTML code snippet in the Tips forum for adding an e-mail button to a description.
User 487638 Photo

11 posts

Hi Scott,

So glad just for once it's not me having a blonde moment.

Any chance of having that in as an option so that people can blend their SCC pages with other stuff like WordPress?

Rachel....
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Rachel Wood wrote:
Hi Scott,

So glad just for once it's not me having a blonde moment.

Any chance of having that in as an option so that people can blend their SCC pages with other stuff like WordPress?

Rachel....

Nothing immediately planned, but that is not to say that if we get enough user requests we would reconsider it.
User 476017 Photo

Ambassador
375 posts

Hi Scott
Some suggestions for SCC basic/Pro (I have not been able to check if paypal or google checkout provide any of these)
Will there be an ability to email an order acknowledgement and/or a despatch note/ invoice.
Ability to use an order ref number and/or invoice number.
Any thoughts on creating a transaction file with product, qty, value, order/inv ref,date,total order value etc. This would very useful for an audit trail.
Perhaps somehow it would possible to copy this transaction file to a spreadsheet for sales analysis.
In he Uk many online shops email a confirmation of order and then email an invoice on despatch of goods.
Dave Butler
Yorkshire
England

Old Rishworthians Rugby Union Football club http://www.orrufc.co.uk
Tuxedo Junction Yorkshire Function Band http://www.riley-tuxedojunction.co.uk
The Commons Guest House http://www.thecommons-guesthouse.co.uk
all created with Coffee Cup html editor
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Dave Butler wrote:
Hi Scott
Some suggestions for SCC basic/Pro (I have not been able to check if paypal or google checkout provide any of these)
Will there be an ability to email an order acknowledgement and/or a despatch note/ invoice.
Ability to use an order ref number and/or invoice number.
Any thoughts on creating a transaction file with product, qty, value, order/inv ref,date,total order value etc. This would very useful for an audit trail.
Perhaps somehow it would possible to copy this transaction file to a spreadsheet for sales analysis.
In he Uk many online shops email a confirmation of order and then email an invoice on despatch of goods.

Pretty much all of that really will not be in the software anytime soon. Those are some pretty complicated feature sets and adding things like that could make the software a lot more difficult to use and setup. I am sure as the program develops we will definitely reexamining many of those features.
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

What would be nice Scott. is a 'road map' for the pro version of the shopping cart, so we have some idea of which specific features are to be included.

With the new cart designer program having been released this week, a few of us are perhaps considering that investment very carefully and would ideally know just what the pro cart is going to offer us in the future.

At the moment, my own stalling block to purchasing the designer, is wondering just how long it will be before the cart software offers a radically improved shipping facility. The current shipping is just too primitive for those of us that ship physical goods internationally. It just isn't accurate enough... period.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

WILL_UK wrote:
What would be nice Scott. is a 'road map' for the pro version of the shopping cart, so we have some idea of which specific features are to be included.

With the new cart designer program having been released this week, a few of us are perhaps considering that investment very carefully and would ideally know just what the pro cart is going to offer us in the future.

At the moment, my own stalling block to purchasing the designer, is wondering just how long it will be before the cart software offers a radically improved shipping facility. The current shipping is just too primitive for those of us that ship physical goods internationally. It just isn't accurate enough... period.

I have actually posted that information I think about 1000 times now ;) As soon as we get closer to the release of the 'Pro" version, I will be listing everything that will be included. Right now we are still continuing to add features and tweak the program so much of it is in a state of Flux. I do not want to commit to any features just yet because that could change between now and the release.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.