Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Actually there are cart error messages dave, and you'll actually want to be able to edit that section in the future because it's pretty small writing in default. I've been testing with the beta of SCC Pro and some of the features when that's released will definitely be using that error message section :)
User 147665 Photo

Ambassador
712 posts

Thanks Jo_Ann, I will keep those possible cart error messages in mind during the themeing process.
I am just getting into this finally after my client had postponed his store 5 times over that last 8 months.. Now he is ready to get it going, I think.. lol

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

hehe well gl on it dave, hopefully he won't back out again :)
User 562592 Photo

2,038 posts

Yea we all know how that goes. :/
The philosopher has not done philosophy until he has acted upon the mere conviction of his idea; for proof of the theory is in the act, not the idea.

My Web Development Company: http://www.innovatewebdevelopment.com (Created with Coffee Cup Software).

My Personal Website: http://www.EricSEnglish.com

User 1873422 Photo

59 posts

I know this may sound a little weird for a suggestion, but will CoffeeCup Shopping Cart Creator Pro finally help us make a good cup of coffee? :P

I have a hunch it's been mentioned before but I'ld like to reiterate what I hope the Pro version would come with:
1. SKU control
2. An option to have a few [Random/selected] products in mini thumbnails, somewhere unobtrusively within a product page. (Much like how OsCommerce or ZenCart's product page.
3. A Next/Previous button in a product page, so that users don't have to go back to homepage/category page to browse other products.
4. Coupons! (with expiration controls)
5. A customer rating/feedback system, for each product. (The toughest nut to crack, but worth hoping for. ^.^ )

Keep up the good works folks.

Also on the bright side, we're past mid-Feb and with all the beta testers' comments that Pro's going to be a big hit, this anticipation is taxing! Needs more coffee. :D
My tee shirt site http://www.teedojo.com, warmly and fuzzily done with SCC + SCD. I kinda like it even if I've yet to sell any shirts! Hah!

Catch me and say hi!. I don't bite, but I will help you with your website so you can kickstart your web presence today.
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Every suggestion for future features in the pro version is always welcome.

I'm not sure that number five would be a feasible proposition though, as that would involve a significant amount of programming, where you would have to validate the customers, provide some means of system login, then ensure that the right reviews were assigned to the right products. You would also have to incorporate a profanity filter and fill it with all the filter words you could possibly think of. ;)
User 147665 Photo

Ambassador
712 posts

opencart has a five star and a review form with captcha that works pretty good, but the reviews are not published until admin approval. I am not so sure I want people to rate products, it is up to the store owner to provide products that are quality or have good value. The downside with oc is that most people would have trouble because you get into writing and/or changing php code, the tax setup is horrible and you need to mess with the database.

I was looking through the thread that has the stores created with CoffeeCup and there are some that have a back link and a few had back arrows on the product detail pages. I haven't got into that part yet.

I am sure a random product is doable with a little custom code.
I have seen coupons but i see them as something from the print world that doesn't apply to the web. It is easy enough to have a special or a sale on selected products.

User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

I suppose the question that you really have to ask yourself, is would you want the customer to be able to put comments on your web site, that could potentially be destructive to your business? :rolleyes:

Just look at eBay to see how reputable traders with thousands of positive feedbacks, get the odd sad individual, making unfounded negative comments against them. Perhaps just because they've had a bad day at work, or been dumped by a partner. :(
User 147665 Photo

Ambassador
712 posts

My thought on the review and/or rating is that if one product has a review/rating and some don't... the products that don't might not be ordered as they should due to that..
I guess I would rather have all products presented on an equal footing..

I think comments are fine on a site as a whole, but not so much on individual products.. and the comments should be approved before publishing anyway,, spammers and negative stuff just doesn't create a good environment for shoppers and visitors.

User 1873422 Photo

59 posts

Thanks for the response, and I was thinking along the line of having a realtime feedback, like a star a ratings system, which could really benefit both consumers and sellers. Consumers get to find out which are the popular ones or highly rated ones, while sellers will find out which are the not so highly thought of ones <-- of course not selling any would be a huge indicator as well.

A comment system for individual products is too taxing, imho, for the servers and moderators, plus I wouldn't want to store users' private information by having them sign up just to feedback.
My tee shirt site http://www.teedojo.com, warmly and fuzzily done with SCC + SCD. I kinda like it even if I've yet to sell any shirts! Hah!

Catch me and say hi!. I don't bite, but I will help you with your website so you can kickstart your web presence today.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.