Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

You can use the excellent html editor to create all kinds of formatting and displays, then bring the code into cart creator. At some stage an advanced integrated editor would be a massive improvement to the cart software. Getting the pro version onto the streets real soon, is the number one priority at the moment though. :)
User 1935152 Photo

9 posts

I have heard it mentioned that people here know how to get around the digital downloads problem (SCC doesn't support this yet, which stuns me, considering CC software is sold this way).

Anyway, I am a busy woman, and I don't have time to read through all the posts.

If anyone has any ideas how to do this easily (again, I am not a developer or programmer here, just your average Jane), then please respond.

I just recently bought a year's subscription over at MadBeeTech because they have their shopping cart built in and it allows digital downloads of products (I am an ebook publisher, selling downloads is my life-blood). However, I love CoffeeCup software. I am truly disappointed they do not have this feature, yet, but I understand it might come in the future, so I am hoping it comes before the year is out over at MBT.

Haha! I love you, CC programmers! You are awesome. I love the functionality, ease of use, and looks of all coffeecup programs (indeed, I have all of them except CCDesigner). So keep up the great work! We all appriciate you!

Sincerely,
Carly
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Carly M wrote:
I have heard it mentioned that people here know how to get around the digital downloads problem (SCC doesn't support this yet, which stuns me, considering CC software is sold this way).

Anyway, I am a busy woman, and I don't have time to read through all the posts.

If anyone has any ideas how to do this easily (again, I am not a developer or programmer here, just your average Jane), then please respond.

I just recently bought a year's subscription over at MadBeeTech because they have their shopping cart built in and it allows digital downloads of products (I am an ebook publisher, selling downloads is my life-blood). However, I love CoffeeCup software. I am truly disappointed they do not have this feature, yet, but I understand it might come in the future, so I am hoping it comes before the year is out over at MBT.

Haha! I love you, CC programmers! You are awesome. I love the functionality, ease of use, and looks of all coffeecup programs (indeed, I have all of them except CCDesigner). So keep up the great work! We all appriciate you!

Sincerely,
Carly

We have an article here at https://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles … -products/ which is one way you can do things.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 596588 Photo

42 posts

I really need subcategories. Too many categories are confusting to the customer, and so are too many items in a category. A subcategory page under the category would help guide the customer to what they are looking for in a large site.

I'm sure others have asked for this, just want to add my vote.

Please tell me you are working on this.

Ken Hirst
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Yankee,

Stay tuned for the Pro version as that will have the categories we're all awaiting :)
User 596588 Photo

42 posts

OK, so the obvious next question.....What is the latest expected release date?

The site I am building needed PRO right from the start. It was going to be limping at best with the current version. Hopefully our development schedules converge.

Thanks.

Ken
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

The last "best guess" date is sometime later this month.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 597929 Photo

1,332 posts

Scott S posted today in this thread they are hoping for the end of February or early March.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa

Visit Spinland Studios: http://www.spinland.biz
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Hey Scott,

Any plans to incorporate the USPS Web Tools into the shopping cart in the future? I have used this with Zen Cart and It makes things so much easier. Just enter product weights and let the cart do the rest by whatever shipping method and zip code the buyer selects and the total weight at checkout. That would definately make CC shopping cart stand out from the crowd with the ease of setup and use it already has.

http://www.usps.com/webtools/
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Tom wrote:
Hey Scott,

Any plans to incorporate the USPS Web Tools into the shopping cart in the future? I have used this with Zen Cart and It makes things so much easier. Just enter product weights and let the cart do the rest by whatever shipping method and zip code the buyer selects and the total weight at checkout. That would definately make CC shopping cart stand out from the crowd with the ease of setup and use it already has.

http://www.usps.com/webtools/

Please see http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/shoppin … post105611

Cool heh? :)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.