Store Affiliate Program - Post ID 138172

User 146692 Photo

59 posts

I want to set up an affiliate program for my website, but to to that I will need to insert a PHP code on the TOP of my pages php code...

is there any possible way to insert an PHP code so that I can get other webmasters to promote my website and make some money from my website?
User 184085 Photo

Ambassador
1,707 posts

You can save your cart for manual upload, then edit the PHP pages to include the code you want, but each update of your cart you will have to do it again.
Volunteering to help :)
http://www.tbaygeek.ca
My HTML play area
http://www.tbaygeek.ca/test/
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Be very careful about using external scripts other than something like forms or that sort inside the code for the shop, expecially if it's going to alter how it functions at all, because you could totally break the shop. Be very sure you back up your shop before experimenting with any of this just in case lol.

Not sure if anyone has an answer for you here, you may need to put in a ticket to support, but do be aware that if you alter the code in any way outside of the cart program that it will not be supported. They may know if it's compatible or not though. Good luck :)
User 146692 Photo

59 posts

I just need to add some extra paypal fields on the code...
on the following file "ccdata / php / checkoutpps.cls.php" there are some commented fields which I believe we should be able to edit them somewhere on the cart software... but since I was not able to do it on the software I had to do it manually...

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="INFO ABOUT AFFILIATE GOES HERE"></script>
<input type="hidden" name="notify_url" value="URL GOES HERE">

those are the line that I need to add to the script... and I already have... all I need to do now is TEST if the affiliate script is working...
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

The cart creator generates all the code for the shop Ricardo and cannot be altered other than by manually altering the code after the shop has been generated.

Many manual changes get overwitten when the shop is updated, so you'll need to check the data you have altered is not affected during that process. Do your manual changes, add a couple of new test items, update the shop, then check to see if your code changes are still intact.
User 146692 Photo

59 posts

WILL_UK wrote:
The cart creator generates all the code for the shop Ricardo and cannot be altered other than by manually altering the code after the shop has been generated.

Many manual changes get overwitten when the shop is updated, so you'll need to check the data you have altered is not affected during that process. Do your manual changes, add a couple of new test items, update the shop, then check to see if your code changes are still intact.

I already did that a few times and the code I altered was not affected on the new updates...

would you or someone help me testing my store's affiliate program?

This is a affiliate link code for my store: http://www.rsubmitter.com/affiliates/jrox.php?id=202_1

the very last item is a "donation" that is actually an item...
is it possible for you (or someone) to BUY it so that I can see if the AFFILIATE SCRIPT is working or not?
the item only costs 10 cents...once I get this confirmation that the script is working I will start promoting this website... and if necessary I can send back the 10 cents...
User 146692 Photo

59 posts

I will have to figure out why the sale was not counted, but the clicks are being counted properly
thanks for testing it for me!
I issued a refund on that transaction ;)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.