shopping cart with forms - Post ID...

User 439364 Photo

3 posts

Is it possible for my clients come to my website to a fill out a form. Then once the form is fill out with the correct information I then can sell the output of the form from the shopping cart software. So then they can get a email of the form with answers or print out the form after they have pay using the shopping cart.

If you need more info for this question please let me know.

Thanks
Nest
User 514521 Photo

129 posts

Hi Nestor, I'm not sure what you are asking. You can insert a form in the Shopping Cart, if that's what you're after. I use forms on my website which when submitted, direct the user to the particular product within one of my two shops using the form redirect function.

I found that using Coffee Cup flash forms didn't work as well in the shops since they seem to "float" above everything and CC technical support suggested using the forms on my website and then redirecting the user.

It depends on what you are trying to do. Some more detail and links would help.

fyi, my shops are at http://laserday.com/awardshop/ and http://laserday.com/lasershop/
User 2207611 Photo

5 posts

I'm reviving an old thread...I have my shopping cart setup to purchase tees - my customers need to be able to personalize the fronts & backs. I tried entering html for text boxes but it didn't transmit the info to the cart - duh (anyway this is possible as it would be ideal). So I've resorted to using a form. Is it possible to have the form info transmitted with the order instead of having to separately submit the info on a form?

I'm using CCSCP; here's an example of what I'm talking about:
http://stitchingdepotonline.com/mysc/vi … ;groupid=0

Plus I'm not a fan of how the form looks "thrown into" the rest of the doc...just seems a bit out of place.
User 514943 Photo

125 posts

Bumping. Would like to know this too! :)
Love those Nikon's!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya StitchChick,

No example needed on that, it's not possible to do that at all as the Form software and the Shopping Cart software are totally separate entities. The good news is that they do have something like this planned for the future if I recall correctly so an update in the future will give you the form system built into the cart so you can get customizations for your customers.
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Actually JoAnn, I think this one was accomplished by someone here last year... I'll try to search the threads tomorrow morning when I get home from work. I can't remember specifics, but it's one of those "I seem to remember" moments :/
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

cool Phil thanks, I don't think I read that thread at all as I don't recall anyone integrating it to work together from the same button, not sure how that could be possible at all, but definitely post the link if you find it that would be great!
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

I integrated a form into a store, but it definitely did not transmit the information together with the store info.
User 345577 Photo

373 posts

Perhaps a workaround would be to do it on the View Cart page, by making it a two-stage process.
    Put "Step One" or similar verbiage at the top of the page and have your customization form appear there. (You could also link to a separate page with the form on it and then link back, but that would add to the complexity...) Make it clear that the buyer must fill out the form and submit it.

The buyer then will proceed to "Step Two" -- the Checkout button below where you've inserted your form.

Of course, this requires that you must manually retrieve the form information and the shopping cart order from separate emails, but it would accomplish what you want while waiting/hoping for a more eloquent solution.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

The other thing to consider on the above information is if they have purchased multiple different items that might need customization. If that's the case you'll need to be sure that there is a way to customize each item in the for. Agreed that this needs to be integrated into the SCC Pro program, and I do believe they are working on that for us. Until then you'll need to work it out with Form Builder and I'm still pretty hesitant to believe that anyone actually got it working with a one button send to send the form and the order since they don't integrate. Still hoping Phil is right and crossing my fingers for you that he is :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.