Shopping Cart Creator - Post ID 202576

User 1905471 Photo

1 post

I have 3 separate shopping carts. Each one has the sales tax set up using the tax table. I only have tax set up for Missouri for all 3 carts. I want to have a PayPal buy now button for an item on one of my site pages completely separate from any of the shopping carts.

Currently in my PayPal account there is no sales tax set up. If I add a PayPal buy not button and set up sales tax in my PayPal account, will it interfere with the way my 3 shopping carts treat Missouri sales tax.

Thank you,

Jim Sliger
User 298877 Photo

Ambassador
292 posts

Hi Jim,

I use Coffeecup shopping cart too with sales tax calculations which are location dependent and I also use Buy It Now buttons elsewhere but to the same PayPal account. I also use eBay and the Buy it now feature in the listings on there.

There is no cross interference with the tax element. I think the Coffeecup routine for checkout populates the PayPal payment system with product/service, shipping & tax totals before the buyer completes and then the grand total of these goes into your PayPal account as one transaction.

I use the "create invoice" feature in PayPal too and bill clients using tax as required. All four of these systems all work fine and are all to my single PayPal account.

None of the processes interferes with the other, so you have nothing to worry about :)

Dave

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.