Shopping Cart 3.0.5 Released - Post...

User 2733 Photo

Ambassador
426 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Dave, didn't you get my e-mail this morning?

I did but wasn't certain which avenue was faster. Thanks, Scott!
Let's not get all hurt.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

E-mail is always faster. I have no life ;(
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 381436 Photo

17 posts

I purchased the shopping cart and as always it is a good program. I don't have it up on my site but just have a couple of questions.
1. I would like my logo to be larger but it seems th longest it can be is 128 Pixels, how can I make it longer. On my webiste it is 500 X 130 Pixels
2. I am using the registered version and i still have a link at the bottom of the page that will take my visitors to your web site. How do I get rid of it.

Thank you for your assistance
Ray White
www.MrHypnosis.net
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Right now, 400x400 is the maximum dimensions for the images. We probably won't change that for the foreseeable future. Under the long description area you can add in links to more images if you like or even use our Photo Gallery software to build a gallery.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 381436 Photo

17 posts

hi Scott if i can get 400 in length that is good how do I make that happen
The file size is 500X135 but when i put it in the store thru Your Shop it becomes 128X33

Thanks,
Ray White
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

There is no option for it, it is automatic. The thumbnails are set to 90x90 and the full size is 400x400. Just make sure your images are at least that size or higher and it will convert them down.
User 515848 Photo

Ambassador
53 posts

Scott, Ray is talking about the company logo on the header.

Personally I'd prefer to work with a larger oblong, say 75 x 200 (min length), Businesses spend a lot of time and money producing a brand and in many instances their name, in a particular type face, is the logo and it is rarely square.

I believe it's rather narrow thinking on the part of the developers to be so restrictive, and it's not a question of not enough room.

One of the top 10 rules of marketing is : Don't mess with the brand

Unfortunately that's just what we have to do in order to conform with CoffeeCup's strict criteria.

PP
noʎ ɹoɟ ʇou sı ƃuıʌıpʎʞs uəɥʇ 'pəəɔɔns ʇ,uop noʎ ʇsɹıɟ ʇɐ ɟı
User 381436 Photo

17 posts

You are correct PopPicker,
I am talking about my logo in the header. There is plenty of room for the logo and that is the brand in my store. See the logo at the top of the page on my site http://www.mrhypnosis.net however when it comes out at 128X33 in the store it looks goofy.

Has something changed in the ownership or atitude at coffee cup. I have been been a registered user of the html editor for 6 or 7 years and last year bought jukebox all has worked well. From reading this forum it seems as if Coffee Cup changed to a "take it or leave it" concept.

What's Up! I purchased the Shopping Cart assuming it would work as well as everything else you sell. But a few things seem rather one way. Like the customers logo must conform to your size. And no you will not remove the link from the software customers purchase that lead their customers away from their site.

So What's The Story,
Thanks,
Ray
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Right now and probably for a while, that option will not change. Changing the logo size would effect all of the styles we have. We are debating on having an option for this in the styler application, but to be honest I don't see it as an option anytime soon.
User 381436 Photo

17 posts

Hi Scott,
So is there a workaround for me to put my company logo on my store or do i have to invest in a different shopping cart?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.