Shopping Cart #2 - Post ID 255691

User 2766309 Photo

3 posts

How can I make sure that I get a copy of the purchase? I want the customer and myself to receive a copy of the purchase so that we can process it and they have a hard copy as well. Please advise.
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Hi William,

This will be handled by Paypal or Authorize.net when you set it up.Once your customer completes the transaction you should receive notice from Paypal/Authorize and if you set it up correctly it will return the customer back to your website. Shopping Cart Creator itself will not provide these.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

When someone orders from your shop you both get a copy of the purchase. In fact you'll get 2 if I recall correctly. One will come from the Cart software to tell you someone is buying something (that email tells you they started the purchase, but cannot tell you if it completed), and the other email will come from PayPal or whatever payment processor you're using to tell you the transaction went through. You would then match those 2 emails up to be sure what they ordered and that should cover you.

The customer should get a copy of the purchase as well. I don't recall if they get one from both the software and the payment processor, but for sure they get one either way.

As for being sure you are both getting it, that would depend on if you set it up correctly and it would also depend on the customer's email filters and a few other variables so you can never really "guarantee" the customer is getting the email, you can only guarantee that it's sent to the email address they provided.
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Jo wrote:
When someone orders from your shop you both get a copy of the purchase. In fact you'll get 2 if I recall correctly. One will come from the Cart software to tell you someone is buying something (that email tells you they started the purchase, but cannot tell you if it completed), and the other email will come from PayPal or whatever payment processor you're using to tell you the transaction went through. You would then match those 2 emails up to be sure what they ordered and that should cover you.

The customer should get a copy of the purchase as well. I don't recall if they get one from both the software and the payment processor, but for sure they get one either way.

As for being sure you are both getting it, that would depend on if you set it up correctly and it would also depend on the customer's email filters and a few other variables so you can never really "guarantee" the customer is getting the email, you can only guarantee that it's sent to the email address they provided.

I think your mistaken here Jo Anne, you may be thinking of the Web Form Builder. SCC does not send emails... only the merchant attached to it.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

That could very well be Steve, it's been quite some time since I've used the cart programs. But ... either way it's covered, the emails do get sent, that much I know for sure :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.