Removing Shopping Cart Software by...

User 428547 Photo

13 posts

is it best to wait for 3.1 then? will it also clear up other issues? the great paypal debate maybe? ;) any others we should know about?

can you tell us when 3.1 will be available out of beta?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

If all goes well, 3.1 should be out by the end of the week. So far the beta test has gone very well.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 428547 Photo

13 posts

Scott...great news! we'll wait and watch for it then :)
as always, i'm a fan of coffee cup products -- and we are really looking forward to using the shopping cart program.

one more thing...will the free trial also be 3.1 or should we just go ahead and get the 'real version' ?
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

When 3.1 comes out, it will replace the existing trial version on the site. So if you have not purchased it yet, you can try out the new build for free still.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 150656 Photo

67 posts

I have version 3.0 - I have created my shop but can only see two xml files in my saved folder "categories.xml" & "products.xml" - The site seems to be generated to a temp folder deep in my windows folder - Is there a workaround to view the ENTIRE site files before I upload them?!

Thanks

PS - I also register my vote that the footer ad to Coffee Cup should be removed in the registered version!
User 184072 Photo

Ambassador
63 posts

Sticker, those XML files are in each individual theme's folder, not the main cart xmls

I think you'll be satisifed with the update when it's released, as far as that footer is concerned. I personally left mine in with a slight mod and notice of who's running the site...
I think... therefore, I'm in a mess....
User 184072 Photo

Ambassador
63 posts

Here you go sticker:
dave thompson wrote:
The cart.xml files should be in the root of the styles files. On my machine, for example, the path to those folders using the default installation path is:

C:\Program Files\CoffeeCup Software\CoffeeCup ShoppingCart\styles\

Dig into the 'main' (root) folder of each style and you *should* find a cart.xml file inside. I am assuming this is the cart.xml everyone is talking about; certainly these are the only cart.xml files I can find on my machine.

Good luck.

Dave.
I think... therefore, I'm in a mess....
User 150656 Photo

67 posts

Thanks Michael!
User 1883495 Photo

48 posts

In the new CCup Shopping Cart Creator 3.5... how do I ADD the link. I agree with being able to remove it but in my case I don't mind some minor promotion for Coffee Cup.

I can't find the check box to add it back, somehow I turned it off/deleted it.

Please advise.

/RB
HabitatForBats.org - Give a Bat a Home!
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Robert Ball wrote:
In the new CCup Shopping Cart Creator 3.5... how do I ADD the link. I agree with being able to remove it but in my case I don't mind some minor promotion for Coffee Cup.

I can't find the check box to add it back, somehow I turned it off/deleted it.

Please advise.

Well we would not mind the link either :) That data goes into the footer. Go to Your Shop Settings > Footer tab.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.