Product page won't chg color - Post...

User 2124415 Photo

35 posts

Hi Scott

I upgrade to 3.8 in both SCC and SC Design Pro. I uploaded new telmple to SCC.
Deleted all file off my webserver. Uploaded all file both home page and shop.
But I still get the same errors on my shop home page
top of page

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/home/users/web/b294/moo.thespirituallygifted/cgi-bin/tmp/sess_66a03abde730357bc161d08e749298b6, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /hermes/web07/b294/moo.thespirituallygifted/shop/ccdata/php/page.cls.php on line 134

Bottom of page

Warning: Unknown: open(/home/users/web/b294/moo.thespirituallygifted/cgi-bin/tmp/sess_66a03abde730357bc161d08e749298b6, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/home/users/web/b294/moo.thespirituallygifted/cgi-bin/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Also IE does not display my new background color on my products page and all products are in a single column.
FireFox displays the right background color and mutliple product columns.

I hop eyou can help

Thanks Vince

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

It appears you do not have PHP Sessions enabled on your server:

http://www.thespirituallygifted.com/sho … ertest.php

You will need to contact your hosting provider to get them to enable that.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2124415 Photo

35 posts

Hi Scott

I did not have time to work on this for a while.Thanks for your response.
It appears that PHP is enabled that is according to Fat Cow.

It looks like either I'm missing a directory because I can't find directory (pls see errors below)
thespirituallygifted/cgi-bin/

should the Shopping Card be using this directory?

Because I have completely deleted all files on the webserver and uploaded again. that should take care of a missing directory. Could Coffee Cup have a bad path in the Shopping Cart Creator?

Thanks -- Vince

www.thespirituallygifted.com/shop/

Error appear as soon as page loads[/b]Top of Shop Page

open(/home/users/web/b294/moo.thespirituallygifted/cgi-bin/tmp/sess_9c964b7f58d2f551615636282b29b3be, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2)

Bottom Of Shop Page

Warning: Unknown: open(/home/users/web/b294/moo.thespirituallygifted/cgi-bin/tmp/sess_9c964b7f58d2f551615636282b29b3be, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/home/users/web/b294/moo.thespirituallygifted/cgi-bin/tmp) in Unknown on line 0
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

http://www.thespirituallygifted.com/sho … ertest.php
PHP Sessions are not enabled. That is why you are getting those errors.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2124415 Photo

35 posts

thanks Scott I bug Fatcow again their tech support is not very good.
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

The original issue on this thread was seeing a different color on the page than what was set in SCDP and SCCP.

I have the same issue, since the beginning of designing my site. On the home page, in SCDP it is set to a white background (a purchased theme, never changed) but when it is viewed in IE, it is an ugly shade of blue/gray. When it is viewed in FireFox or any other, it is white like it is supposed to be.

I figure it is just a glitch with SCCP and am not overly concerned about it. But it would be nice if others would look at my site and tell me what color they see in the main body of my home page. All other pages on my site that use the same theme are OK. It is just the home page (after the flash intro).

http://bonsaitoolchest.com/
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

That's really interesting and strange Steven. I looked in both FF and IE8 and you are right, it's a pretty powder blue on IE8, the color number is 839DBA which I grabbed with the CC Website Color Schemer. The thing is I went through all the CSS connected with that page and there is no color number like that anywhere so I wonder if there's a color "name" associated instead of a number somewhere? Has to be somewhere for IE to pick that up to display it.
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

Did it show blue in FireFox also?

My site is mostly blue, so I have not been to concerned with it. Just a good thing it is not Orange!!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

nope the content background is white in Firefox.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.