Problem with Google - Post ID 14452

User 515922 Photo

57 posts

PayPal seems to work fine, but Google gives me an error "Bad username and/or password for API Access."
Are there certain settings my Google account should be set to?
I check and double checked my ID and Key from Google, it's not typed in wrong.
I'm hosted at Godaddy.com and I set my server to the IIs7 setting so I would have PHP 5 available.
Any ideas?
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Are you positive your account does say Active inside of Google?

Have you gone through all the steps at http://www.coffeecup.com/shopping-cart/ … g.732.html
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 515922 Photo

57 posts

Is this all I have to do?
1. Create an account with Google Checkout.
2. Make sure you’re logged into your Google Checkout account.
3. Navigate to the Settings tab.
4. Click Integration. The merchant ID and key will be located on the right-hand side.

That's all done.
What about the checkbox about using unsigned carts? Check the box, or not?
Any other settings?
I don't see anywhere in Google Checkout where it says "Active" or otherwise. I can log in, doesn't that mean that it's active?

I appreciate all of your help, looking forward to your reply.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

When you login to Google Checkout, go into My Account > Settings and make sure it says "Merchant status: Approved"

Then go to the integration menu and make sure you have the correct Google merchant ID and Google merchant key

If you still have issues, contact Google and see if they can tell you want the status of your account is.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 515922 Photo

57 posts

I think you hit it, I have a lower case letter "o" where there should be an upper case letter"O" in the merchant key.

My computer is at work, so I won't be able to try it until tomorrow.

I still need to know about the checkbox, accept unsigned carts or not?

If this works, I'll need your address so I can send you a Christmas card. :)

I think that's probably it, it's always the simple stuff that you overlook.

Thanks!
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

It is always good to copy and paste those long API keys huh ;) Glad you got that working.

I have used our software with that check box on or off without any problems.
User 515922 Photo

57 posts

I'll come back here tomorrow to let you know how it goes.
Thanks again for all the help.

This is a great piece of software, and from reading about your future plans I'm glad to be onboard.

Thanks again!
User 515922 Photo

57 posts

Sorry I took so long.... very busy.
Everything is working perfectly, I hope it stays that way.
I still wonder why it was working fine for about 3 weeks, had orders and everything. Then it just quit without warning.
And the problem was an error in the merchant key. How did it change? This is mind boggling....

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.