Post your Shops here! - Page 47 -...

User 2064625 Photo

37 posts

Hi all,

I have just uploaded my first site using VSD. It's using Paypal buttons at the moment but I'm eager to check out SCC Pro. I really need advanced shipping calculations.

http://www.sweetexpressions.com.au

Nappy cakes, baby gifts and more at reasonable prices.
User 147665 Photo

Ambassador
712 posts

I suppose I should post the shop I made for a client. It's my first go at this.
http://www.BreveBeautyProducts.com

I did some customizations to the default.css, colorbox.css and colorbox.js.

I changed the "products" page by hiding the default text and adding my own lists of the products so I could have them in 2 columns side by side.

The changes I made to the colorbox are for opacity, overlay color, customized the colorbox borders and the controls on/in the colorbox.
See the changes by viewing a product and clicking the thumbnail image to trigger the colorbox.

The other changes were to remove the "options" text from the cart page by editing the ccdata/data/cart.inc.php.
And editing the default.css to hold the product categories open on the theme I used which is based from Grandpas Shoes, left nav..

I used a tabs.js and tabs.css to put multiple pages in one cart creator page(Information).
The contact page was made with Form Builder and going to add a tell-a-friend form soon.
I am sure there will be additional changes in the near future.

http://www.BreveBeautyProducts.com

and to top it off, I made a custom header image and custom colors for the paypal checkout page that is very close to the shop header,,, I want the customers to feel they can trust the checkout process by having it look like the site they are shopping from.

User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

Looks very nice Dave! I like the way you have accommodated the multiple sizes for the shampoos ... how did you do that?

Just one suggestion...the blue icons for the pages in the side menu.... if you could get them maybe in an orange to match your page I reckon that would really finish the page off nicely :)
I know you believe you understand what you think I said...but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not exactly what I meant.

User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

tassietiger wrote:
Looks very nice Dave! I like the way you have accommodated the multiple sizes for the shampoos ... how did you do that?

Hyperlinks..... look up at the title bar in the browser when you click.... :)
User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

WILL_UK wrote:
tassietiger wrote:

Hyperlinks..... look up at the title bar in the browser when you click.... :)

Okay...so add both items as usual and then hyperlink from one to the other? So simple but I hadn't thought of it :)
I know you believe you understand what you think I said...but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not exactly what I meant.

User 147665 Photo

Ambassador
712 posts

Yep, I agree about the icons,, I have some that I'm working on.. I haven't found any that have full sets ready to go,, all the sets are missing one or the other.. and they need active icons too.
Yep, that bugs me too.

What do you think about the colorbox.. ;)

User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

I clicked on a thumbnail image and it opened up but I couldn't see anything different.

User 147665 Photo

Ambassador
712 posts

well, lets see, click a thumbnail,, then from the product detail page, click the thumbnail to open the popup lightbox
the default lightbox is a black screen

User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

dave beall wrote:
well, lets see, click a thumbnail,, then from the product detail page, click the thumbnail to open the popup lightbox
the default lightbox is a black screen

Okay...I saw a white background...is that what I'm meant to see? Not sure that I have all the applications loaded after my reformatting.

User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

okay just compared it to one in my shop and I see the difference ... very slick! And you've changed the shape of the box it opens in too.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.