Option of an off-line payment ? -...

User 540903 Photo

6 posts

Is there possible for customer to select an "pay on delivery" for a purchase, or is the only option an on-line CC payment ?

Statisticly, at this point,, 60% of my customers want this kind of payment, and it works great.

Wondering if this is possible with this cart system ?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Not at this time. Our software is specifically designed to work with PayPal and Google Checkout and later we will be adding other merchants.

Offline payments will probably not be included in the software for security reasons. You would need to have a secure location to store credit card data which means some sort of database would need to be setup.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 540903 Photo

6 posts

Hm,,

My englis is not the best, so i probably have not described the situation.

i mean off-line like :
1. Customer buys something
2. Cart system sends info on purchase to my e-mail
3. I send the merchandise to customer
4. Customer pays the postman before he gives him the package.

This is what i ment :cool:
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Ok that makes sense. Honestly I don't see anything like that appearing in the software anytime soon.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 436416 Photo

87 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Ok that makes sense. Honestly I don't see anything like that appearing in the software anytime soon.

Scott: I wonder if this can be easily done with a minor tweak in the code: have an option that when clicking on the Checkout button, instead of of hooking into the payment module, it simply sends the cart's content as an email much like what the Flash Form does. Or, is the cart's info being managed by PayPal/Google instead?
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

The issue is where to send the credit card information when the click purchase. We would not want to send that over e-mail so there has to be a place to store it.
User 540903 Photo

6 posts

There is no credit card info included in this e-mail. The customer does not nead to enter a credit card for this kind of purchase because he pays cash to the postman on delivery.

Customer only neads to enter the shipping address (his info).
User 515725 Photo

16 posts

cod or money order would not be a bad idea

these payments won't need a database for storage
User 311342 Photo

46 posts

How about on the view cart page bottom where it reads "Print This Page" adding a second link "for mail in orders" where we can put our address and money orders, etc accepted?

The shoping cart already doesn't have live inventory so there is no harm there and the link would be before the software tries to submit a credit card number.

Or when you add the customizable extra pages I will put one in there I suppose! :cool:
www.ShopTom.com gifts - sports - wholesale
User 540903 Photo

6 posts

Yes. Or on Checkout pahe just make 2 options :

1. Credit card payment
2. C.O.D. payment

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.