Links to and From other WEB Systems...

User 1309 Photo

21 posts

Hi All

I am not a programmer in the sense of web and PHP. We have a PHP written website that I want to run the Shopping Cart ,designed in CC, when they click on a prompt on the screen and then return again when they press the HOME in the SC and return to the original page they were on in our Website PHP.

I have found where it can be done but do not know what to change in the code in PHP nor do I know how to do the return from the Shopping Cart.

I can provide the actual block of code that needs "modifying" in the php if somebody understands all of this and is willing to assist. It is attached

Thanks in advance

Noel

Oldie:D
Attachments:

User 2733 Photo

Ambassador
426 posts

Noel,

The question is ambiguous and the sample you provided isn't complete. It would help to see the pages you would like to link between. Can you get us the URLs for both?

P.S. Assigning the $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] to a constant, DOCROOT is foolish. Your programmer should know as much. This portion...

else if($url_arr[1] == 'themall.html')

..can easily be obtained using...

else if($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] == '/themall.html')

Then again, it is missing braces in a number of places.
Let's not get all hurt.
User 1309 Photo

21 posts

Hi David

Thanks a lot for the reply.

As I said I am an infant when it comes to PHP.

I Program Application Software in a 4 GL language that is so labour intensive and requries so much code. I use eDevloper.

I have had to learn PHP quite quickly to try and get this site up and running. What you see was done by "professional programmers" or so they claimed.

The main demo site is:

http://www.shoppermall.dmensions.com/

You can use a user ID of DEMO and password DEMO

I have loaded the shop demo:

http://www.shoppermall.dmensions.com/themall/index.php

I change the Navigation Header on our web site where I wanted the Shopping Cart to go and changed the names in the code.

What I sent you was a part of the code "ELSE" portion that also relates to each of the other navigation requirements.

I have attached the PHP program so you can see what I mean.

What I was trying to achieve was that the movement form the Daily Deal site to the Shopping Mall was quite transparent.to the Member.

I had no control over the programmers that wrote it. They are off the scene after cancelling the contract due to their inability to provide a total working package that the contract required them to do. I now have the back end and front end running pretty well but the Shopping Mall Cart and other requirements were never completed.

I appreciate greatly any help. I can't imagine it would be too difficult to add this link in back and forward, but as I said... I am an infant to the PHP world.

TIA

Noel
Attachments:

User 2733 Photo

Ambassador
426 posts

What I was trying to achieve was that the movement form the Daily Deal site to the Shopping Mall was quite transparent.to the Member.

I have looked over your PHP file and looked at the links but I must admit, I'm not seeing the connection here. Screenshots with notations might help.

I change the Navigation Header on our web site where I wanted the Shopping Cart to go and changed the names in the code.

Changed the header to what? Changed what names in the code?
Let's not get all hurt.
User 1309 Photo

21 posts

HI David

Thanks for your assistance

On the Navigation of the WEBSITE (not the Shopping Cart) you will see The Shopping Mall and The Private Collection. The Shopping Mall is where I want to link to the Shopping Cart to begin with. Private Collection is required by a Friend that wants to run a very select range of products for Exclusive Members of our Daily Deals. This will be another Shopping Cart set of Programs at a later stage. I have to take one step at a time.

Like a lot of people in this forum It appears that we will have to have TWO checkouts. One for the Daily Deals and one for the Shopping Cart at present.

I have not got the link to Shopping Cart running as yet as I do not know what code to enter into the Second part of the PHP Snippet I sent.

I know how it should return to the correct page by the URL statement in the short First part of the Snippet I sent.

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards

Noel

User 1309 Photo

21 posts

Hi David

Many thanks for your assistance. I got it "KINDA" working. I can go to the Shopping cart and then click on home and it returns to the Main Website in the correct position.

One must understand PHP a lot more I guess.

Thanks for your help.

Noel

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.