It's been a while since I've made a...

User 2897594 Photo

322 posts

I'm making a site for a dog training/pet store place, and have made a shop in SCC. The link is www.barndy.co.uk I had already made my menu bar on the site and called it www.barndy.co.uk/shop. However, I've uploaded my shop using the SCC sofware, but I can't seem to get the shop in the barndy folder on my server, it will only upload into the root folder. Am I being dense here? I've tried uploading via FTP commander, and get an index page. I would prefer not to have to re-do all the menu bar if poss, can anyone point me in the right direction?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

The problem here is you are uploading the wrong files. These are the files the software uses to build your shop. Those you never upload. If you are going to upload things manually, then you need to go to the File Menu and select Export Shop for Upload.

However uploading within SCC is always the easiest. You just need to make sure to define the proper remote folder path under the Server setup.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2897594 Photo

322 posts

so the folder on my server is barndy.co.uk, and my hosting/server name is a web312*** so what do I have to put in SCC to get it to upload to within the barndy folder?
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Janet Costidell wrote:
so the folder on my server is barndy.co.uk, and my hosting/server name is a web312*** so what do I have to put in SCC to get it to upload to within the barndy folder?

You need to contact your hosting provider for that path information.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2897594 Photo

322 posts

Really? OK. Everything else Coffee Cup I have uploads fine!
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Without a valid path, the software has no idea where to upload the files to. This is the most important item you need to configure correctly. No guess work here. ;)

If other programs work, then it should be pretty easy to figure out what the path is by looking at how you configured the other applications.
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,193 posts

Janet, To add to Scott's post Take a look at your ftp settings for the other programs and it should point you in the right direction.:)
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 2897594 Photo

322 posts

Hi all, I contacted my hosting co, they couldn't help me either, so I got round the issue by using the export shop for upload function, and changing the name of the folder. All works fine!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.