Intergration with PayPal - Post ID...

User 515708 Photo

Ambassador
36 posts

Until shopping cart is able to work with the option to continue without creating an PayPal account it doesn't have much use.

My client asked me about the software soI downloaded the trial version and implemented with their site. Once they discovered that their customers have to sign up for PayPal that was the end of that.

I would be willing to re-evalutate the software again if this is fixed.
Michael Dane

"Why does everybody stand up and sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" when they're already there?"
User 428547 Photo

13 posts

I have this concern as well. We have a premier business acct with PayPal and in any other application we've connected to paypal for, it has allowed the buyer to NOT sign up for paypal and just enter credit card info. I have not yet downloaded the shopping cart software, wanted to wait until i have this question answered:

is the ability to use paypal without a paypal account a restriction of the coffee cup software, or is it based on the type of account you have with paypal? if its based on type of paypal account we'll be good to go (I think, lol) if not, we won't be able to use the coffee cup software.
User 515708 Photo

Ambassador
36 posts

I believe I read in a previous post that the software was written to work with Paypal express which asks you to either sign in or create an account.
Michael Dane

"Why does everybody stand up and sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" when they're already there?"
User 511735 Photo

5 posts

Can anyone tell me how to modify the shopping cart so that it links to PayPal standard or lets customers pay by credit/debit card? Incidentally if you purchase using a mobile device (eg htc or iPhone/iPad) then PayPal redirects you to PayPal mobile, and the option to pay by card appears!! :) - does this mean I can change the link somehow to enable non-mobile customers to pay by card?

- I have so far only created 2 shopping carts using this software, and both clients are complaining that purchasers have to register for a PayPal account in order to buy! - if there is no resolution to this issue I will lose both clients, and will not be able to use this software moving forward :(

Desperate workaround is required!

Regards
Trevor Wlson

Director
Pyramid IT Services Ltd
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Ummm someone is missing something here :: Paypal website payments standard ::

with paypal standard you do not need a paypal account, you just need to look for the non account payment option

trouble is dependant on clients computer settings and the browser used it does not allways pop up and shout at you

do a few trial orders and look carefully there is an option at the paypal stage that says, paypal account holders or similar, log in here below it says "Don't have a PayPal account?Pay with your debit or credit card as a PayPal guest"

non paypal account holders use credit or debit card (no need to open an account)

Paypal settings not CC so try contacting PP when you see what i mean and they will confirm its a browser issue probably

Do a trial order on my delorean site if you like it is set up with paypal standard

And an afterthought why are you using basic for clients when Pro was designed for multiple shops

the basic you have to change ftp settings and payment gateways between shops, but pro allows each one to save independantly
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 511735 Photo

5 posts

Hi, thanks for the prompt response... Having progressed through the shopping process on your site, it appears correct! - the PayPal screen shows my order, together with pay with PayPal, and the bottom option states: "DON'T HAVE A PAYPAL ACCOUNT, PAY WITH A CREDIT/DEBIT CARD AS A PAYPAL GUEST" however the same process on my site (and hence same machine/os/browser, etc) the bottom option states "CREATE A PAYPAL ACCOUNT AND PAY BY CREDIT/DEBIT CARD" ???

Does this suggest it is a PayPal account option ? If so, do you have any idea what it might be?

Thanks for your help
Trevor

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Trevor,

Got a link to the shop(s) I'll be happy to give you some screenshots of the links that PayPal shows. They are basically just links so you have to look for them, but this way if you have some screenshots you can put those on the Checkout page for people to know what to look for when they don't have PayPal. Links to the shops will help us be able to show you where to direct the customers and your clients.
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

I think it may also be to do with the type of Paypal account

Mine is a business account, verified etc had it 7 years

if you are using a personal PP account or possibly if its a business account and not had sufficient transactions this option might not appear ???????? dont know

A call to Paypal might clear this up, but check with your clients first obviously, lots of sellers using wrong PP accounts
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 511735 Photo

5 posts

Got this sorted!! - just for the forum, in case anyone else has a similar issue the resolution is as follows...

To accept credit/debit card payments from customers on a coffeecup shop, not only does your PayPal account have to be a business account, and the PayPal account optional flag set to 'on' (under profile, my selling preferences, website preferences) - which is standard for PayPal, but also it appears that the email address you use for the PayPal payments in the cart creator software MUST BE SET AS YOUR PRIMARY EMAIL within your PayPal account!

I was already aware of the business account and the flag, but it was the setting of the primary email that was causing the issue? After setting the email to primary, the payment options changed to enable card payments without having to create a PayPal account :)

Regards
Trevor
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Glad you got it worked out Trevor. Thanks so much for posting what fixed it for you so others can benefit from your discovery, good luck with the shops!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.