If your having advanced issues with...

User 1889005 Photo

19 posts

Different enviroments cause different issues. from windows based with php 4.2.3 to linux with 5.2.8 all of which will create issues with the php coding of this cart. If you need help debugging this is the place to be.

over the last 5 years i have worked for ZEND the creators of PHP. In that time i have come across some wicked coding which if in the correct enviroment would work awsome.

I have worked closely with
IPOWERWEB
POWWEB
1&1 hosting
DOT 5 hosting
Crystaltech
GoDaddy
just to name a few. From dedicated servers to small shared hosting account enviroments.

If you need help. and no one else can, you can email me at Devin@onewheelwebdesign.com

I'll see what i can do for you ASAP.
User 1889005 Photo

19 posts

Hello again all.

With the newer version of the cart comes the same coding so please. if you know how you fixed it before, please do so again. I have gotten an over wheling responce from this post and i just wanted to let everyone know that i am happy to help. However just so there isn't any confistion. I AM NOT a coder for coffeecup or affilated with them in any way other then being an advance php user of thier software. Hopefully this clears up any confusion.

Thanks
Rhinox
User 2733 Photo

Ambassador
426 posts

I'm not certain of what relevance this post is being that you need NOT be an advanced user of php to use any coffeecup software. If you're just here to beat your chest, congrats. We all now know you are a poor speller.
Let's not get all hurt.
User 2423977 Photo

2 posts

I have a GoDaddy hosting account and it looks like I need to migrate all my sites into a php type of setup in order to be able to use Coffee Cup Shopping Cart Creator. My question is; should I go with a Windows or Linux based PHP hosting plan? The folks at GoDaddy are recommending Linux, any thoughts or input from this august body of "ex spurts" would be greatly appreciated.
CaptainDave
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya David,

Definitely go with Linux never Windows for hosting. Many issues happen with Windows hosting and many things do not work with Windows hosting and that includes some things from CoffeeCup. Good luck on it :)
User 2423977 Photo

2 posts

Jo Ann

Thank you sooo much for the quick reply, I'll be calling GoDaddy right now with my new found wisdom. Love your websites, did you create all those beautiful templates? They're awesome!

David
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

David did you shop around, because theres been some issues with Godaddy, in various threads.

Not supposed to advertise for hosting companies in here but there are quite a few better suited to SCC and SCCP which seem to have been set up with shopping carts in mind

worth looking at the spec required for SCCP and check hosting compatibility before buying.

I have two shops made with SCCP one in signature, its a great little program
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.