How to Hide "Shop Home" Page? - Post...

User 2469077 Photo

24 posts

I am a novice designer, familiar with HTML only, however I would like to eliminate, or hide the "Shop Home" page and all links to it. I do not understand why I need it because I already have a home/index page on my site. Nor do the PDF instructions explain how to do anything with it, other than purchasing yet another program to edit it. How can I make it go away?
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

The Shop Home page is a default and cannot be removed. You may have a home page on your domain, but the 2 pages are not the same and the Shop Home page is integrated with the shop while your html home page is not so it's definitely needed. Why not change the content on the Shop Home page to enhance your shopper's experience (to things other than what is on your html home page) so that there is a little more detail there than the main home page has.

If you insist on changing it, you may be able to change the name by double clicking on it in the list of pages on the right side when editing things in the Pages section of your shop. Many people change it to something like Shop Now or Start Shopping or even just Shop or something similar so that the visitors know that that is the button to press to go to the shop itself. Nothing wrong with having them both, just utilize it so it's beneficial and you'll be fine.
User 2469077 Photo

24 posts

Thanks Ann. I'll do just that.
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

My delorean site in signature, has it changed to promotions, i put old stock, and sale items into a separate category, then in the page settings i select all the products in that one page to be displayed in the shop home page
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 2409808 Photo

4 posts

Hello, I have created a home page seperate from shop home, and renamed shop home to buy now... but how do i get my new page to default as home whenever someone enters my web address? When i go to beste-nail.com i just go to the shop home page. I'd like that to go to Home. thanks.
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,181 posts

Hi Johnnie,
Publish your shop to a sub directory like /shop or /store or what ever fits your needs.:)
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Eric Rohloff wrote:
Hi Johnnie,
Publish your shop to a sub directory like /shop or /store or what ever fits your needs.:)

And then from there go into your settings for your shop in the software, and edit the home page settings of it so that it points to the new page you just created.
Add the Shop to your menu on your new page and then it will reference each other back and forth. :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.