How to handle sizes - Post ID 78710

User 454876 Photo

15 posts

Could some one inform me as to how to start a new thread...
I have some questions about how to handle items in shopping cart program.

For instance I have a client that wants a shop set up and this customer sell air filters.

I understand how to set up items in the shop but how do you handle sizes????
For example we display an air filer of style 2 inch pleated but this filter is available in about 50 different sizes. My client wants his customers to pick a style of filter and then pick the sizes (by drop down boxes) he needs etc,,,

Any help please
Gary Grooms

User 449453 Photo

7 posts

Hi Gary,

As far as I can tell, and I'm new to the software, you should be able to add the different sizes in the drop down box set up for each filter offered.

List the filter name in the BASIC INFO and on the MORE OPTIONS tab, list the name SIZES in Label Option #1. Click the "+" symbol and the options box appears. For speed, you can use a separator " | " on your keyboard between sizes.

For EX: I sell embroidery designs. I need both Label Options as the Shopping Cart Creator offers. I list my Machine Formats in the first Label Option:

JEF|HUS|PES|VIP (using the separator)

Click OK.

I use the second Label Options #2 for the Hoop Sizes:

4X4|5X7|6X6|8X8 (using the separator)

Click OK.

This creates 2 drop down boxes for the customer to select Machine format and then Hoop size.

I hope this might also work for your air filters....
Teriann Shrum
Kitty Kitty Designs, LLC
www.pixiesrule.com
User 514521 Photo

129 posts

Hi Gary,

I don't believe you can start a new thread when you are in a thread like this one. You need to go up one level to the Shopping Cart Software section.

Just click on the link at the top where it says "Shopping Cart Software". After you do that, the screen will have a button towards the top that says, "Start New Thread". Click on that, put in a subject and ask away.

Teriann is correct in her description of using the drop down boxes, however if the prices are different then that method won't work. You will need to have a separate product if the price is different.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.