Free Product - Post ID 72209

User 515848 Photo

Ambassador
53 posts

Is there a way to have FREE product in the catalog?

PP
noʎ ɹoɟ ʇou sı ƃuıʌıpʎʞs uəɥʇ 'pəəɔɔns ʇ,uop noʎ ʇsɹıɟ ʇɐ ɟı
User 2328197 Photo

26 posts

Being able to put free product listings in would be really important.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

You can do that. Just enter $0.00 as the price ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 515848 Photo

Ambassador
53 posts

Sorry Scott... all smilies aside. That doesn't work. It won't upload ZERO priced product and warning pops up to say so.

:P
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Where do you see that message? I have a few 0.00 priced items on my cart here and I don't get any error messages.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 515848 Photo

Ambassador
53 posts

That is truly bizarre, I spent a lot of time yesterday trying to find a way of doing it. Each time a window would pop up saying (something like) "items with no cost will not be uploaded" OK or CANCEL

Now !!! it let's me do that.

Have you been inside my PC and secretly fixed it ? lol

Thankyou for your quick response and thankyou for 'fixing' it.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Glad it is working ;)
User 449169 Photo

22 posts

Scott - I experienced the error messages when I first tried to upload my cart with the 0.00 item. Tonight it's uploading just fine -- and I think the only thing that might have changed is that I used the Export Shop for Upload just to save the settings.

I do have a BIG question though and that is how to get rid of the price tag of $ 0.00 and the add to cart button. I want to use one of the items just to display additional details about a particular product so not to have customers have to jump around my site. Is there a better way to handle this?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.