Contact us... More Info - Post ID 14471

User 515848 Photo

Ambassador
53 posts

There needs to be in the product details a button for PROSPECTIVE clients to request "further info" on an item, with having to leave the 'shopping cart'. Sure they can make a note of which item and return to the main site, find our 'contact us' form and fill it in with all the details..... but they won't ...at least most won't. I probably wouldn't unless it was a unique product I couldn't find anywhere else.

I suppose it wouldn't be hard FOR ME to include some code in the main description that would take a client directly to a....

NEW Page/Tab/Window <--- note,

.... to submit a request for more info. BUT... to have to do that for each of 300 + products would be very tiresome.

So...CoffeeCup, let's see a "MORE INFO" button below the "ADD TO CART" please.

PP
noʎ ɹoɟ ʇou sı ƃuıʌıpʎʞs uəɥʇ 'pəəɔɔns ʇ,uop noʎ ʇsɹıɟ ʇɐ ɟı
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

On each item detail page you can add html code. You could paste in an html form or use our Flash Form Builder to something like this.

In one of the up coming versions we are going to allow up to 5 pages to be added. Here you could design a contact form .
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 515848 Photo

Ambassador
53 posts

Thanks Scott, yes I realise I can add code to the description but it would need to be unique for EACH product otherwise the customer has to enter the product details themselves... they won't or they'll get it wrong and in turn creates unwanted communication for clarification.

A simple "more info" button would generate a form page extracting the product details and all the client would need to do is enter a question if required and their email address and press send. We would then know exactly from which product they sent the request. Simple huh?

I know from bitter experience if you don't make it simple it goes wrong.

I've had many an email saying "will this fit my ........" without any reference to what 'this' is.

PP
noʎ ɹoɟ ʇou sı ƃuıʌıpʎʞs uəɥʇ 'pəəɔɔns ʇ,uop noʎ ʇsɹıɟ ʇɐ ɟı
User 423729 Photo

26 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
On each item detail page you can add html code. You could paste in an html form or use our Flash Form Builder to something like this.

In one of the up coming versions we are going to allow up to 5 pages to be added. Here you could design a contact form .

The possibility of editing the Home page in the future? or giving us the possibility of including html, script and java script code, is that possible??

Thanks
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I can't really say just yet. I would hate to say yes and then not have it in there. It is something we are thinking about but right now we are trying to get in the more important features that users have been asking for.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.