All sorts of issues. - Post ID 71637

User 485866 Photo

3 posts

Hi.
I was cruisin along building my site. Then, it started glitching all over. I close a category and reopen and all my pics are gone with little gray boxes around the text without the actual yellow item box tehre anymore.
Then, in some categories, I cannot see the item I add. It will just load blank. I can save, close, come back and sometimes see the new one. Now, however, everything looks weird and for example, if I had Outlook up right before opening the cart creator, then the cart opens, I can still read outlook things 'through it'. I realize that may not make sense....I'm just trying to explain how it won't load right. Products or even the whole cart now. If someone wants to have access to my pc to see what I mean, I'm fine with that. It was working well until I had a bunch of items. My 2nd store, with fewer items, loads and works fine....the big store won't.

I tried attaching a screenshot, but no matter how I try to do it, I get a message that there's not enough memory to create it...this happens right after startup with the only thing running being the cart creator. My brother has mentioned that maybe there is a memory leak somewhere? The more tabs I open, if I don't close up the cart, the messier coffeecup looks with text and tabs from other windows stuck all over in it.

I have no idea how to explain what I see, but if anyone has a clue as to what I'm saying, I'd appreciate some feedback.

Thanks,
Liz
User 515922 Photo

57 posts

Hi Liz,
It sounds to me like you might have some bad memory in your computer. I have seen symptoms like that before. Might want to think about pulling it all and replacing it. In the process, you could get some faster memory and more of it! Consider it an upgrade for the good of ALL the software that you run on it.
Just my 2 cents.
Gary
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
User 485866 Photo

3 posts

3.00 GHz w/ .99 GB Ram with hardly anything installed. I only use it to run my ebay store. I thought of that at first, but this is the only program that causes problems. I have my outlook, IE and coffeecup cart creator. Then of course the crap that comes on the computer....but most of it removed already. Other than that, there's not a whole lot goin on. If all else fails though, I'll be looking into your plan. Just a dumb question, but is there a way to 'clean' the memory - or repair issues that may be causing problems? There are some things I can fly about around on a computer but some of the simple things sometimes escape me, so I thought I'd ask.
User 531981 Photo

6 posts

Hi I ran into the same problems with my shop, it seams to be the size. The shop glitches with Firefox when I try to do a preview or even open it. I created a new shop with 10 items and it works fine.
I read a thread where Scott mentioned turning on the logging, so I am attaching it.

I am using the trial software, a HP 6310 laptop, 1.66GHz core Duo with 1GB memory.

Help on this would be greatly appreciated.
/Tony
User 485866 Photo

3 posts

That's exactly it....small store no problem - big store problem.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

There should be no problems on the size. I have a test cart that has about 800 items in the cart. It is a little slow opening it but never had a crash or other error.

Are you all on version 3.0.4? If you can e-mail me directly the source files in one big zip, that would really help.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 515725 Photo

16 posts

nice scott i was wondering about that

I know in some shops when you hit a magic number something goes wrong

my goal was to add a ton of products to the keyboard shop to find out what happens. but it looks like you have already done it.

when i'm done i should have about 600 different keyboards in ours.
User 531981 Photo

6 posts

Hi All

Scott I tried to send the email but the zip file was to big to be sent.
I sent you an email instead with a link to the file.
From what I can see it is 3.0.2.

Liz are you running the same version as me?
User 177183 Photo

1 post

As reported in the first post above, precisely the same thing happened to me after 5 1/2 hours of inputting product data and images. Irretrievably lost everything with no more feedback than my files are corrupted.

If this is happening to anybody else, I'd say this shopping cart is not ready for distribution.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Sorry you had problems like that Susan. Finding the cause of the issue without knowing a bit more on the situation is like finding a needle in a haystack. The more background information we can have will really help us know where to start looking.

-Operating system using?
-Internet explorer version?
-Did you ever perform any upload?
-Did you ever manually save during the process?
-Do you have auto-save turned on or off?
-Did you try opening up an auto-save project
-How many items did you have in the cart?
-How many groups did you have in the cart?

If I could also get a copy of the source files, I can try to open it here. We can then determine the what is causing the problem.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.