About shipping. - Post ID 71636

User 532476 Photo

6 posts

Hi there.
Nice piece of software peoples.

My application involves multiple ( fingers crossed ) items purchased and sent to the same address. Not multiples of same item.
For example first item $6.95 but extra items in same delivery will be $2.00 each.
Can the cart do this ?
If so, how ?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Hi

The best way to accomplish this is to use the handling charges option in combination with shipping options.

1. Apply a $2.00 handling charge to every product
2. Setup a default shipping charge of 0.00
3. Add a shipping option of $6.95 and check the box "Require customers to select a shipping option on checkout"
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 532476 Photo

6 posts

Thanks Scott.
Good luck with it all.
User 532476 Photo

6 posts

Just noticed.
Perhaps if my first item postage charge is $6.95
then my customer selectable should be $4.95 ( plus the $2.00 handling on all items ).
User 449169 Photo

22 posts

Shopping cart is NOT passing on "require customer to select a shipping option" in PayPal. I have tried leaving everything I can think of. Help Please
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Please when you have problems with a cart, post the url so we can check into it ;)

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 444958 Photo

6 posts

Hi Scott,
If I want to use $9.95 as standard shipping cost per unit ordered, but offer a $2.00 discount per item (for shipping) if more than one item is ordered... how can I accomplish this the easiest?
TheFlowerAuthority.com
WebinInfarmation.com (blog)
User 530045 Photo

Ambassador
26 posts

There is no way to offer any discounts like that in the software at this time.
User 447551 Photo

Ambassador
139 posts

If I read this correctly couldn't you use a shipping charge of $2.00 and then use $7.95 as your handling charge?
With 1 item you'd get $9.95 and add $7.95 for each additional item ordered.
Might want to explain that to your shoppers though.

This is how it reads, but this is what I'm doing, and this is why I'm doing it ---

<center>For you my loyal customers!</center>
User 200047 Photo

7 posts

Hi,
I'm living in Luxembourg, Europe, located between Germany, France and Belgium, that makes only for these countries 4 different post (delivery) fees, depending also from the individual package weights...how can I introduce this different amounts in my shopping cart?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.