Why is this software given free now?...

User 430399 Photo

35 posts

Why is this software given free now?

How about those who paid for it?
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Hi Mao, from my understanding its being phased out as it doesn't fit with the new responsive design software that Coffeecup is putting out. They also dropped support for it.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 2830800 Photo

3 posts

Yeah.. I get that they see it as obsolete, but it would be nice to have some sort of migration path from the awesome shopping cart creator Pro to the preferred product. I still use Shopping Cart Creator Pro (SCCP), because I can't see any way to use RSD to replace the functionality of SCCP.

Even a tutorial like, "The Mugs Guide to Loosening the Death Grip on Shopping Cart Creator Pro and Using Our New {whatever we are supposed to do thing inserted here}"...

I use RSD for my website, and it is great, but I can't make the leap to using it to replace SCCP.
User 10077 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,095 posts

RSD is not meant to replace SCCP. If you have just a handful of products, you could use Web Form Builder to handle orders. However if you need a full-featured cart, and there are a number of open source carts that you could use.
ASK ME ANYTHING
I provide personalized help for Coffeecup Users including training for Site Designer and Web Form Builder via Zoom.
Email me at support@usconsumernet.org or call 865-687-7698.

Did you know that Web Form Builder can be used for both simple and complicated forms and that it's not limited to the default fonts and buttons? Take a look at a form we developed for WindowTinting.com.
https://forms.windowtinting.com/forms/w … ppingcart/
User 2830800 Photo

3 posts

The problem is less about the cart and more about the inventory management. SCCP enabled me to upload, every day, updated pricing and inventory. So that I could keep the physical store and the online store inventory consistent.

Anyway, I need to have a look at the open source solutions out there now as sitelock seems to be telling me that SCCP has cross-scripting vulnerabilities.
User 289442 Photo

161 posts

SCCP, was never a real full featured product. Glad they finally decided to abandon it. Well, actually, they abandoned it almost from the beginning. CC was trying to lock in certain situation and was never a full featured system. Why do I sound so frustrated? It is because it really frustrated me with CC piece meal, never full featured cost structure and roll out.

I stop now before I really say something bad.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.