When trying to import for a csv file...

User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,087 posts

Hey guys I have been following this thread. When importing a CSV file do you have to first create the categories in SCCP or do you just start with a blank store and import? Will the import then create the categories for you?
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Steve wrote:
Hey guys I have been following this thread. When importing a CSV file do you have to first create the categories in SCCP or do you just start with a blank store and import? Will the import then create the categories for you?

Start with an empty store. The CSV file has the category names already included in it.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2670982 Photo

10 posts

I did as suggested and started with a new shop, every thin worked the file imported just fine creating the categories when imported. I then tried my original file with no changes, it worked just fine. I then tried and second import changing the products and it added everything correctly. I created the original structure with the trial version is it not compatible ?, I have decided to take a different way to building my shopping cart. Is there available a more detailed breakdown such as field types, sizes and which characters should not be used in any field ?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.