Suggestions for Shopping Cart Creator...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Because we do not store any confidential information, we do not need to worry about PCI compliance. All transactions are handled directly by the merchant and they are all PCI compliant.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

Transaction log / Product grid

I would like to be able to keep track of mailing/downloading etc. of my product sales.
So not only do I want to know who buys, how many of what - whether they have paid or not, but also to be able to keep a track of my own responsibilities in the deal.
A sort of memo I can look at to confirm that I have mailed the product - when, how and how much it cost me to mail.... or if I have contacted the buyer with appropriate details for a downloadable product, and in this case, if the download has been made. Much of this I would probably need to be able to insert manually, but having a way of doing this on the product grid and/or in the transaction log, thus keeping all the relevant information together, would be very useful.
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

Categories without products

Following the discussion regarding categories without featured products, would it not be possible to have a choice of "coming soon" or "closed for inventory" or short message images similar to the one for the "sold out" that we could just include in there to keep the category open?
User 25793 Photo

29 posts

First of all... SCC PRO was worth the wait !!!!

One thing that has crossed my mind is "I wonder how many times a particular product has been viewed?"

Ok .. I know you can go down the google analytical route... search through web data from hosting companies etc etc.

Would it be possible to have some sort of tracking on each item ? That displays "this item has been viewed xxx times" inserted near the price fields or even gets added to an additional field that gets downloaded with the inventory ?

Keep up the good work guys
Denial is much more than a river ;)

http://www.shop.dronfieldcomputers.co.uk
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Janys Hyde wrote:
Categories without products

Following the discussion regarding categories without featured products, would it not be possible to have a choice of "coming soon" or "closed for inventory" or short message images similar to the one for the "sold out" that we could just include in there to keep the category open?

Or even the simple 'there are no products to show in this category' message that appears in most other cart software. Clean simple message that even the dimmest shop visitor can understand. :)

A lot of Coffeecup programs are 'quirky', but in an ecommerce program people are dependant on good functionality to retain existing customers and to expand potential sales. That means operations that are defined by the shop owner, rather than exclusions built into the program. :rolleyes:
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

WILL_UK wrote:
Janys Hyde wrote:
"coming soon"

A lot of Coffeecup programs are 'quirky' :rolleyes:

LOL, I love it. :lol:
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

Tom... that one is for CC to use in the software store. Just hope they remember to add a "sell by" date too.
:D
User 447551 Photo

Ambassador
139 posts

The ability to add multiple sub-categories. By way of example, this is what I want to do:

Comics - Main category, shows all sub-categories
D.C. - Shows just those titles
Dark horse - Shows just those titles
Image - Shows just those titles
Misc Independent - Shows just those titles

Radio Control -Main Category, shows all sub-categories
Cars - Shows just those titles
Boats - Shows just those titles
Helicopters - Shows just those titles
Planes - Shows just those titles

Sub-sub-sub-etc would also be nice someday to allow a customer to continue to narrow their search.

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Bill,

I'm not sure if I'm understanding what you have there, but if I am, that's how the Pro version is already setup:
Category
... sub
... sub
... sub
... sub

Category
... sub
... sub
... sub

And so on, only 1 deep as above, but you can have many subcategories already within the main categories, up to 3000 total categories/subcategories.

I agree having deeper than just 1 sub level would be a great thing though.
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

Jo Ann
I think that should read a total of 300 between categories and sub-categories with a total of 3000 products. Scott posted something about this earlier.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.