strict standards only variables...

User 2106720 Photo

29 posts

*Justhost :/ (would help if I could spell)
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

The hosting provider will not matter.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2106720 Photo

29 posts

We've tried it on HostGator, too, as my partner has an old account with that. It's still not working.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Terri Allington wrote:
We've tried it on HostGator, too, as my partner has an old account with that. It's still not working.

I also have an account with HostGator and that patch worked perfectly for me. Here is my account:

http://coffee-gator.com/shop/viewcategory.php?groupid=0

I am also running PHP 5.4 which seems to be the latest version they support. I am not sure what to tell you there Terri as I have never seen that fail before when filed exactly.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2106720 Photo

29 posts

Okay, thanks.
So here's what we did:
1. Uploaded the site to our server
2. Found the php file.
3. Downloaded it to PC, made the amends, re-uploaded it
4. This didn't work, so I then amended it within my FTP programme.
5. This didn't work, so we repeated in HostGator.

Any help will be appreciated or I fear we'll have to use another software provider, which is a shame as I like the concept of CoffeeCup, which is why I've used it for years. We have sale events in our local banks next Monday and Thursday, at which we cannot sell. The only way we can make any money is to direct customers to the website.
Many thanks
Terri
User 2106720 Photo

29 posts

Just tried it yet again. Still nada. Sad face
:(
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

I use Direct FTP to edit the file on the server. I don't have any other suggestions that I can offer except possibly contacting HostGator support or you could publish to S-Drive. Tell their support department to compare your hosting account with ours.
User 2106720 Photo

29 posts

I'll have a quick look at S Drive but since there's no date for release of the latest version, I think it might be better to just use another shopping cart software.
Thanks
Terri
User 2662035 Photo

7 posts

Hi,

I uploaded my shop and I got the same error all over the site .

I have made the changes in the config file and it worked with me.

Thank you :):)
User 6573 Photo

Ambassador
2,649 posts

It worked for me but I did not have a config file. Probably because I am using an older version of the cart. I found the line in my utilities.inc.php file. I replaced the lines as mentioned by Scott and it worked. Thanks Scott.

Find this line: error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);
Replace with this line: error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_STRICT);

Then save and reload to your server.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.