Post your Pro Shops here. - Post ID...

User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Looking at your tee shirt site Googooboyy, you won't get any sales till you have a size chart on there. There is a wide variance between manufacturers so folks won't take a chance on getting the right size.

You also need a proper contact page with geographical location, which is a legal requirement in most countries. Get those in place and you may get customers to part with some cash. :)
User 1397895 Photo

58 posts

I have TONS of merchandise to load yet, and when Designer gets put into the budget this will get tweaked some, but I am LOVING this software!! OMG, it was SO worth the wait. THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Did have to contact GoDaddy to switch my hosting to a Linux, but that was all.

I have only just started this site yesterday, have lots of book and merchandise to put up yet, but wanted to post so folks could see what the fuss is all about! I'm thrilled, my boss is thrilled, and while I'm sure I'll come across some things that will (hint hint) go into the next upgrade, for now I am really pleased with how easy it is to do this. Hey Scott, how to put images into the home page (or any for that matter) text via the html link without having to upload the image separately via a ftp?

harmonymuseumshop.com
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Hi Jo. If I had one constructive criticism of the Harmony Museum site you have created, it is that the books need far more details putting in the description. What they are about, chapters, snippet of the forewards etc. That is expecially true of the ones sporting ISBN numbers, otherwise folks will go off to Google etc to read up on it and probably buy from there also.

Never give folks a reason to leave your site. :)
User 1397895 Photo

58 posts

Thanks Will. I certainly intend to, as I said there's a lot of work to be done yet. But I really wanted to get a feel for working with it and put it up so you and I and others could find problems or tweaks needed to the software. I will be typing away over the next week so check back!! I just posted one problem found, and now I'm getting another when uploading that wasnt there before! Glad I'm part of the Pre Pro group, I love this kind of stuff!!

harmonymuseumshop.com
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

You will certainly find lets of help in the forums here Jo.

Is your web site a totally new venture for the museum, or did you use something else to create your online shop in the past?

If it is a new venture don't forget to submit it to the search engines and choose your keywords in the SEO boxes wisely. :)
User 1397895 Photo

58 posts

I had a shop web site built with FrontPage (shhhuuddderrr) that was a nightmare to deal with. I used Paypal shopping buttons with cart and updating it was awful. So all that has been done and it got lots of hits, but not lots of sales, but it wasn't the easiest thing to get thru either. I love making web sites, but it's not my "job" so I don't have hours to dedicate to playing around and learnin software like Dreamweaver, (which I own by the way, and don't use!!). I bought the HTML Editor, which I am using to create a new site for the Museum itself, but that will probably not launch until the end of October, but I'm glad that working on it is finally not a chore, but a pleasure!!
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

I used Frontpage once for two hours and it was utterly horrid. Microsoft really should stick to just making operating systems.

Typical conversion rates for online shops are typically 2 to 5 buyers per 100 unique visitors. Those figures being wholly dependant on what you are sellling of course. The more visitors you can get there, the higher the potential sales.

Good fortune with it all... :)
User 2120893 Photo

45 posts

It don't seem that many are posting their sites so the rest of us can get some ideas to improve ours.

My Pro Shop is now capable of handling customers and went live last night.

http://www.arkansas-solar.com/solar-store/index.php

The shop is setup to show inventory. In my case are really unlimited qtys so are just for looks for the customers. It just lets them know there is stock so they will go ahead and order and not call to make sure. I could switch to a linux server with a check mark in the correct box but I don't want it to work anyway. I would rather leave the real inventory control to the accounting software. It only takes a second to change the qty to zero and re-upload so not a big deal.

The images in the categories are not clickable and really should be. The image is the first thing I click on and if it don't do anything I start looking for a link. Maybe something to put in an update?

I think the shop looks great and I will keep improving it as time goes on.

So take a look and pick it apart if you like,

Just so you know, I like the square images and will not change them. And I do know I need to work on the fonts but that will change over time.
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Good clean functional site with just the right amount of information to inform without boring. :)

User 311342 Photo

46 posts

My http://ShopTom.com has been updated to Pro with the weight based shipping and multiple prices on some items item. Please check it out and let me know what you think. Yes, I know I need to pretty it up which I can spend time on now that summer is over.

If anyone wants to place a test order with Google and/or Paypal that would be good. Real orders would be great though! :cool:
www.ShopTom.com gifts - sports - wholesale

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.