Paypal Identity Token - Return Page -...

User 2120893 Photo

45 posts

Bren,

Your web store creates the file checkoutpps.php for you. You do not create anything. Just goto PayPal and put http: // www dot yourwebsite dot com/store-folder/checkoutpps.php in the slot and turn it on in paypal and save, Copy the key from PayPal and paste the key into CoffeeCup shopping cart creater pro and re-upload your store.

Buy something from your self to see if it works.

User 2120893 Photo

45 posts

Scott,

I opened my older PayPal account in IE and my new account in FireFox so I could see both at the same time side by side.

I clicked on every link even some I knew would not matter just to make sure. Both accounts are setup the same checkmark for checkmark. Only the names and the website locations have changed and I do not use the PayPal Key on the older account.

So maybe the new fees have not made it to the old accounts yet. The old account makes me login and approve the payment before I accept it but the new one don't. Could this have something to do with the paypal key making it auto confirm the sale in paypal?
User 2114410 Photo

383 posts

Cawoodwilly wrote:
Bren,

Your web store creates the file checkoutpps.php for you. You do not create anything. Just goto PayPal and put http: // www dot yourwebsite dot com/store-folder/checkoutpps.php in the slot and turn it on in paypal and save, Copy the key from PayPal and paste the key into CoffeeCup shopping cart creater pro and re-upload your store.

Buy something from your self to see if it works.

It's that easy? :D

So it obviously puts some type of message in it for me I'm guessing?

Thanks so much for your help. I will try it tomorrow as I've turned off my main PC for today and I forgot to backup my shop on my flash drive.

Hope you have your issue sorted out and Paypal will refund your fees. I'd send off a support somewhere as I get refunds when I refund a payment too, albeit I've only ever done one. I've never bought something off myself to try it out, but I'll report back what happens with that too.
User 544680 Photo

171 posts

Rather than purchase something from yourself live, set up a sandbox for testing. There is information on PayPal's site about setting up a sandbox. This way you can make purchases without using real money and you'll avoid the .30 cent refund fee.
User 192897 Photo

325 posts

BookPublisher wrote:
Rather than purchase something from yourself live, set up a sandbox for testing. There is information on PayPal's site about setting up a sandbox. This way you can make purchases without using real money and you'll avoid the .30 cent refund fee.

Here is the link to the Sandbox https://www.x.com/community/ppx/testing?bn_r=m
There is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress. MARK TWAIN

www.juliekushner.com
www.beercoastermania.com
www.phi-scsc.com
User 2114410 Photo

383 posts

I did it! With your help guys, but I feel a bit embarrassed as it was well explained in the PDF Help that I found later reading up on something else. I clicked the ? in the program itself, and got confused there. :/

So anyway, thanks again, and goes to show how friendly the user base is here because you all helped instead of saying "read the PDF". :)

On the paypal refunds, I tested with paypal, and I received a full refund on my payment, so Jo Ann & Cawoodwilly, I would definitely check what account Paypal has you on as you may be able to change it to another that will give you your refunds. Good luck with it.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

The paypal account was my personal one, I have a separate one for my business. My friend sent money to me for personal stuff but he hit the goods as the reason for the transaction (he didn't see there was a personal tab at all in that area) and of course they proceeded to take out I believe it was $1.11 from the transaction. I noticed this and immediately refunded his money to him and he resent it to me using the personal area which then there is no charge for.

But... when I looked, they had taken 30 cents from my account for refunding to him because they assumed it was a business transaction.

This is supposed to be the new business transaction thing of today, if you refund you are now supposed to be getting charged for refunding (which is a bunch of bologna if you ask me, just another way to make the merchants pay them no matter what). So I would expect it if it were a business transaction and they thought it was because of how he sent it the first time. It took me a long time to convince them to return it, 2 different supervisor people I had to talk to after the first guy bluntly and outright told me no lol. I just said, YES and I'll talk to your supervisor now lol. Eventually they returned it so it's all good, but only till next time :/

I'm not sure why you aren't getting charged this fee either. It was sent around in emails a few times about it that this was going to start happening, so I would think everyone was getting charged for returning money to their customers by this point as this was like 2 weeks ago or so that it happened to me.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

george barone wrote:
BookPublisher wrote:

Here is the link to the Sandbox https://www.x.com/community/ppx/testing?bn_r=m

Is this truly a PayPal sanctioned site? Sorry if I sound leary or skeptical, just that it's not a paypal site at all and I will assume we have to put our paypal info in there and that's a scary thing to do when not on PayPal's site itself. O.O
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Try this url
https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd= … ng_sandbox
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

ahh ok thanks Scott, that helps a lot and makes me realize that the other site is a ok lol, most appreciated guys for the help on this.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.