Multiple top-level categories? - Post...

User 381655 Photo

53 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
That type of functionality is not in the software at this time.

So basically all the waiting for the Pro version was for naught. so disappointing.

Is this something CC plans on adding in the future? Or is it too much work for CC to implement?
User 2114410 Photo

383 posts

adevandry wrote:
Scott Swedorski wrote:
That type of functionality is not in the software at this time.

So basically all the waiting for the Pro version was for naught. so disappointing.

Is this something CC plans on adding in the future? Or is it too much work for CC to implement?

I guess naught if that was the only feature you were wanting not:

Search function
Sub-Category
Larger Image on detail page and thumbnails (Need SCD Pro)
Auto redirects from dead links
SEO for individual products
Inventory - so you can also show Sold Out stock instead of no product listing
Breadcrumbs

That's about all I think of at the moment. imho, the search function is worth $80. ;)
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

The basic cart should have seo for individual products and a search function. This is basic to any shopping cart without an $80 upgrade.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 2114410 Photo

383 posts

Tom wrote:
The basic cart should have seo for individual products and a search function. This is basic to any shopping cart without an $80 upgrade.

I don't know how old SCC is, but the fact was it didn't have these features, so to me, $80 was a small price to pay to get the abovementioned features, including search & seo.

Whether they should have been included in the basic SCC is up to CC, and ultimately us, the customer as to whether we are happy to pay for the upgrade to Pro. I was happy to pay for the ease of use of the product. I'm yet to find an alternative for the money that is as easy to use.

And I know lack of search costs me money. I myself went looking for a new AV program, visited three on-line stores and immediately left the store without search. We are all pretty lazy when it comes to drilling into product lists to find what we are looking for. Well at least I know I am. :D
User 381655 Photo

53 posts

Tom wrote:

This is so true. I don't understand why people are settling for these "basic" upgrades to the Pro version.

I also don't understand why CC decided that one drop-down column was sufficient on horizontal navbars.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Well I guess we could make the Pro version the basic version and then charge $129 instead of $49 and then make a new Pro version with many other options and then change $229 or higher for that. ;)

Seriously though......

The goal with SCC Basic was to create the ability for a user to get a shop up and running with as little amount of time as possible and not over complicate the interface with too many options. While search for some is a necessity, we have quite a few users for whatever reasons do not want that included on their shop.

Every shop owner has different wants and needs. What maybe important to one, is not as important to another. I am sure we could debate on feature sets to be included with each application forever without ever coming to a full agreement. This is why we are making two desperate products, SCC Basic and SCC Pro which caters to both user bases.

All in all, $49 for SCC Basic is a very good deal given the fact you don't have to pay any monthly fees and get free upgrades.

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 381655 Photo

53 posts

Scott, what free upgrades does SCC Basic get? Certainly not things people had been asking for for years, like subcategories and a search function.

Instead you add those to a repackaged Pro version rather than upgrade the basic version.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

adevandry wrote:
Scott, what free upgrades does SCC Basic get? Certainly not things people had been asking for for years, like subcategories and a search function.

Instead you add those to a repackaged Pro version rather than upgrade the basic version.

I am sure we will add additional features overtime to the basic version, but for right now we just want to get the pro version fully live before we tackle that. There will however be a very distinct difference between the BASIC and Pro versions.

Version 3.8 added over 15+ new features and fixes over 3.7, so it was not ignored during this last update. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.