Insert HTML - Post ID 143190

User 562592 Photo

2,038 posts

BookPublisher wrote:
Declaring styles between the <head> tags creates global styling. Using the method I described creates a localized style -- specific only to the element the style is attached to.

The navigation menu in SCC is created using <li> tags and is styled on line 30 of the default.css file "ol, ul {list-style: none outside none;}". A bulleted list within a product's description will acquire the styles defined in the css file, which hides the bullet. That is why Mark would need to add the local style to the <ul> element (so the bullet will show).

Book,

My apologies, I misread your post.
The philosopher has not done philosophy until he has acted upon the mere conviction of his idea; for proof of the theory is in the act, not the idea.

My Web Development Company: http://www.innovatewebdevelopment.com (Created with Coffee Cup Software).

My Personal Website: http://www.EricSEnglish.com

User 544680 Photo

171 posts

No worries.
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

BookPublisher wrote:
Actually, you shouldn't enter the <head> tags at all. Just enter the following:

<ul style="list-style-type:disc;">
<li>item 1</li>
<li>item 2</li>
<li>etc.</li>
</ul>

Book Publisher, could you double check what you wrote. I copy and pasted this and it does not work. I added the lines you put in your following post about the padding also. I just copy and pasted that line too.

Thanks
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

DUH!!!!
Answered my own question.

DON'T FORGET TO MAKE SURE YOU ENTER YOUR HTML CODE IN THE HTML EDITOR, NOT IN THE OPEN TEXT BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

*snickers and runs away fast before Steven smacks her* :P Glad you worked it out Steven, :)
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Steven Alford wrote:
DUH!!!!
Answered my own question.

DON'T FORGET TO MAKE SURE YOU ENTER YOUR HTML CODE IN THE HTML EDITOR, NOT IN THE OPEN TEXT BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you ever forget, all you have to do is go back and enclose the text with brackets.
[[[ html code ]]]
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 193638 Photo

557 posts

Yeah, I was wondering if I could do that with the brackets. I will remember that next time, and I am sure I will do it again!!

And Jo Ann, be careful, or I will get out the microwave oven!!!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

oh nooooooooooooo not the microwave! lol.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.