Help with my shop - Post ID 142294

User 130021 Photo

14 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
One word Tom.. "S-Drive". ;)

We couldn't add everything to the first release of SCC Pro, otherwise it never would have been released. Instead we have decided to have a regular set of small releases always adding or expanding on features.

I aggree, but a contact page is something every website, especially shop sites, need. So I expect you'll work on it. I would like to say that not all coffeecup users are the geniuses you all seem to be. i still can't figure out what "S-Drive" is! Oh I read the page, but it is vague at best. My one and only real problem with all coffee cup software is the lack of really good documentation for us dumb ones! I know, you'll say there is this forum and the like, but it doesn't do me any good at 2 AM! I have about a hundred questions about shopping cart creator pro, but to be honest, people get a little "snippy" on here with us dumb ones, so I am struggling though the documentation and just taking shots at things. I doubt anyone who is not a web guru can use creator and get anything decent right away. There are too many questions such as how do you put your logo at the top center of the page? That's one of about 100 I have, all just as stupid I guess.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Post your 100 questions here Mark and we will try and help. However, just using the software for 30 minutes should explain everything. For example you mentioned the logo. Just click the "Your Shop" toolbar icon and on the General Tab there is the option for your logo. On all of the dialogs you will start finding little "?" icons. These have all sorts of information to get you going.

I think you see people get snippy is when users post questions without taking any time research anything first or post questions that really make no sense. Writing clear and coherent questions always will get better responses then something like "I can't get it to work. Help.". ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Scott will correct me if i am rong "There are too many questions such as how do you put your logo at the top center of the page?" :( BUT YOU CAN'T

Logo is forced to top left corner, but in scd pro you can overcome that by making a complete header for your page, put it in as a header background, and upload a dummy thin 2 pixls wide strip, as the logo,

Heres one i made earlier http://weddingdaygift.co.uk/charmbracel … ?groupid=8

To answer you other issue's Mark, 18 months ago i did not even know what ftp was let alone use it.

Scott for one may remember my incompetence, he got me out of trouble on Skype in the end one day, The forum help and CC support here is what got me to the stage i am at today and thats after trying for 3 1/2 years previous with numerous other cart systems and failing misserably.

Aske questions, and if they make sense someone here will always answer them, might be worth opening your own thread and maybe each of us may be able to resolve one or other problem one by one for you

Good luck, keep trying, and it will all be worth while in the end

Viv

Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 130021 Photo

14 posts

Jewelcraft wrote:
Scott will correct me if i am rong "There are too many questions such as how do you put your logo at the top center of the page?" :( BUT YOU CAN'T

Logo is forced to top left corner, but in scd pro you can overcome that by making a complete header for your page, put it in as a header background, and upload a dummy thin 2 pixls wide strip, as the logo,

To answer you other issue's Mark, 18 months ago i did not even know what ftp was let alone use it.

Scott for one may remember my incompetence, he got me out of trouble on Skype in the end one day, The forum help and CC support here is what got me to the stage i am at today and thats after trying for 3 1/2 years previous with numerous other cart systems and failing misserably.

Aske questions, and if they make sense someone here will always answer them, might be worth opening your own thread and maybe each of us may be able to resolve one or other problem one by one for you

Viv

OK. I appreciate everyones help but this line:

"Logo is forced to top left corner, but in scd pro you can overcome that by making a complete header for your page, put it in as a header background, and upload a dummy thin 2 pixls wide strip, as the logo,"

is, well, meaningless to me. I actually have scd pro, but I have to download all the docs and read them all. SCD pro is way to un user friendly to a novice. Way. I did get my logo on a page, but centering, foegedaboudit!!! I expect this is just me. Speaking as a novice, trust me, these programs are not as easy as you guys think they are! They are just not intuitive. I am not complaining, just saying. I know everyone will help with questions. I guess I was kinda hopin' I would not have so many!

Thanks to all that help us babies!!!

User 130021 Photo

14 posts

Jewelcraft wrote:

Viv

Beatiuful! I assume that's all your own theme.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Ask away Mark, you'll find that as long as you don't get all snippy with the questions (which I don't expect you will do) that most users here are very helpful. Many times it's the ones that come off really nasty and accusing and demanding that get the snippy answers lol.

And like Scott says, the Quesion marks (blue ones in the top right corners of almost any box you open or use) have a lot of help that isn't in the actual PDF files so give them a try too and I bet you'll find more answers (and who knows, maybe more questions too hehe) from them also. :)
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

:) Beatiuful! I assume that's all your own theme.:cool:

That was my first attempt with designer pro, and as a total novice it took me about 12 hours to design the template

Lots of trial and error, repetitive previews and some four letter words, but at the end of the day if you are a beginner LIKE ME, you cant expect to do it in a jiffy, like a pro, and i am not paying a pro £60.00 per hour either.

I had a quote once to set my first web site up, £7000.00 appx was what i was quoted.

I have taken 18months of learning to do what i now do, at a total cost of about £350.00 and probably thousands of hours dedicated one finger keyboard typing,

A true Novice,,and yes it took some working out

Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 409485 Photo

1 post

Are there limitations to the trial version of Shopping art Creator Pro?
I published a trial shop, but no products showed up.

Do I have to purchase it first?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Charles Smith wrote:
Are there limitations to the trial version of Shopping art Creator Pro?
I published a trial shop, but no products showed up.

Do I have to purchase it first?

There are no limitations at all. Do you have your products set to published?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.