add to cart - Post ID 140862

User 2122542 Photo

11 posts

like in the coffeecups own swag shop how can you have view details next to your product when it is listed and have add to cart only when they are on the products details page?

hope this makes sence
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

If I am understanding right... you want to add a description next to the category or sub-category image... is that possible?
Assuming that is the case, here is how it goes...
Add a category (or sub-category) and add the name in the bar. Whilst you are still on the bar (which should be orange), click on the product details tab just above the main work area. This area is just for some description or details of the category or sub-category and will show up next to the image. It is a little difficult to be precise because I don't know if you have used the Designer for a theme, and anyway, which theme you are using as I suspect that things change a little with each different theme.
User 2122542 Photo

11 posts

no what i mean is when say you are on a certian catergory and all your products are showing next to it they have add to cart which will send the item straight to the cart i want my customers to only be able to add th item to cart when they are on the product detail page which is when they only see the one item please see http://swag.coffeecup.com/index.php where it shows the button for 'view details' does his make more sence?
User 442710 Photo

21 posts

I believe that would be because there ar options to choose from. Size for instance. This would mean you can not add straight to cart as you need to select a size first. If there are no options then you can add straight to cart without going to product page.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

That is an option in the software. Check the box "force user to choose an option". This changes the "add to cart" buttons to "view details".

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.