A sneak peak into Shopping Cart...

User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Eric English wrote:

Aint that the truth. The wife and I had to move out of state for work.

But you now live in the # rated city according to Money magazine. :)
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Thom L Flora wrote:
This thing has been vaporware for months now. Can't believe you guys are still waiting around with your tongues hanging out. Move on....it's not gonna happen.

Some of us have had access to the pro version since before Xmas, in ALL its variations. All I can tell you is that it is a real product that actually exists and not a figment of Scott's imagination. :)

As far as I am aware, the product is for all intent and purposes finished now. It's probably time to roll it out to the big wide world now and let it start taking some business from the less adequate cart solutions out there. :cool:
User 298671 Photo

1 post

Im not very smart when it comes to programming but I would buy this (I got a promo email), if it wouldnt be too hard to integrate it with my existing site. I have a gold auction site, custom php and dont really have a "store" per se and do want one, I would want to have SCCP output residing in a php page that uses my header and footer
my website is www.goldbay.com and the php template page that I would use for SCCP would use a header and footer like my sitemap page does http://www.goldbay.com/sitemap.php
would one of you smarter than me people view source on that page and tell me how hard it would be for me to do that? I would of course have STORE menus on the page as well and the STORE would be a paypal only shop where I sell standard goldbay products

Thanks guys and gals!

Mlgdave
Dave C Varabioff
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

The header is certainly feasible Dave. The footer might need a bit of work to match up though.

As long as the main site and the shop look reasonably similar, I really don't think people notice detail changes like that anyway. As long as the domain name in the title bar stays the same, most people are happy. :)
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

You'll need both the SCC Pro and the SCD Pro to do that though just so you know, but it's definitely doable and then some by using the Designer Pro you can make that basic setup not to hard and you can incorporate both the shop and html or php pages into one site without much difficulty as many of us have already. This gives you leeway to do things however you want on some pages while still keeping the same look and feel of the shop pages. Works pretty nicely.
User 429655 Photo

8 posts

I have a site that has a donations category. Will Shopping Cart Creator Pro allow people to use it to donate any amount they choose, rather than a fixed amount (product) that I set?
User 147665 Photo

Ambassador
712 posts

The Philosopher wrote:
Chuck B wrote:
Eric English wrote:
I too grew up in the great state of Michigan.

The way things are here these days, you could almost consider it the 'late' state of Michigan... :(

Aint that the truth. The wife and I had to move out of state for work.

Just don't move to oHIo, we got nothin..:( my canvas shop has been dead for 3 years..:rolleyes:
hmm, hmmm, waiting till things get better... hoping things will get better.. :|

@Dave Varabioff,, I think you can do that ok.. might have to fix up your menu a little to match up real good.. Look through the cart creator base templates and find one that has the menu where you want it,, close to what you have so it will be easy.

Vaporware, hmm, what was that?
-that was just a wild roomer so we could exploit the word 'soon'.. lets see, how can we twist this word into a time frame. i don't think it can be done, Good choice of words. :P

User 147665 Photo

Ambassador
712 posts

Buckley Jeppson wrote:
I have a site that has a donations category. Will Shopping Cart Creator Pro allow people to use it to donate any amount they choose, rather than a fixed amount (product) that I set?

I think you could add a 'donate button' made in your paypal account and paste the code into any page.
edit::
that button would bypass the CC checkout page(view cart) and go to straight to your paypal checkout page...

I haven't attempted to have a 'user enter amount' on the view cart page -- yet --

User 429655 Photo

8 posts

dave beall wrote:
Buckley Jeppson wrote:

I think you could add a 'donate button' made in your paypal account and paste the code into any page.
edit::
that button would bypass the CC checkout page(view cart) and go to straight to your paypal checkout page...

I haven't attempted to have a 'user enter amount' on the view cart page -- yet --

I should have been more specific (as usual). This is a membership organization that uses the shopping cart for various levels of membership; for example, student, regular, couples, sustaining. IN ADDITION to membership, we'd like for them to be able to donate an amount of their choosing and have it all go through the shopping cart at the same time.
User 147665 Photo

Ambassador
712 posts

well, I don't know for sure since I haven't done that..
however, you could have 'products' that are a 'donation'.. and have them at pre-set price levels.
Maybe come up with a graphic for the 'donation products' that shows a person helping someone,, just a thought..

edit:
in the pro version, you can have different prices per 'size' of item,,
Use that and have it normal price, normal price plus $xx donation, normal price plus $zz donation and so on...

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.