A sneak peak into Shopping Cart...

User 429655 Photo

8 posts

dave beall wrote:
well, I don't know for sure since I haven't done that..
however, you could have 'products' that are a 'donation'.. and have them at pre-set price levels.
Maybe come up with a graphic for the 'donation products' that shows a person helping someone,, just a thought..

edit:
in the pro version, you can have different prices per 'size' of item,,
Use that and have it normal price, normal price plus $xx donation, normal price plus $zz donation and so on...

Yeah, I guess I'll have to go that route. Not as elegant, but workable.
User 133733 Photo

17 posts

Just downloaded it now, but when installing it says there's an older version of Shopping Cart Designer installed and to use this I must upgrade to the latest version (I have the Pro version). Fine, but when I go to my all-new account pages on this all-new web site, the lovely page that used to show me my products and tell me I'm behind on updating, and to download here .... is gone, or moved ...?? I only have an Order History page now, which doesn't do the same thing at all ... ACK!

Where do I now download my products to keep up? Help! Too early in the morning for me; haven't even had my coffee(cup) yet!! ... LOL!
Jo Holloway
www.sunpenny.com
User 2641572 Photo

1,245 posts

Hi Jo. Sign in, click the account link at the top of the page, which will bring up a my products box. All your downloads are safely stored in there.
User 133733 Photo

17 posts

Hi Will, well duuuuhhh ... I KNEW I needed coffee before starting the day! LOL! Thank you. That new icon stuff hits you in the eye so hard you just don't see it ... har ... downloading now. THANKS!
Jo Holloway
www.sunpenny.com
User 599595 Photo

4 posts

Hi all.
Will I be able to add a different payment option/checkout in the Pro version? I need to use Moneybookers, not Paypal because Paypal will not allow payments/merchants from Serbia, where I am based.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Merchants will always be limited to what we support in the software. The Pro version did add 2 additional ones, 2CO and WorldPay. Moneybrokers is not one that is supported at this time.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 551069 Photo

1 post

I am the president a non profit corporation and we're looking for shopping cart software that will enable us to sell products and also have a field for buyers to make a tax deductible cash donations that are not subject to sales taxes. 1. Can your software handle donations? 2. Can your software handle donations without purchasing products?
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Stephan,

The Shopping Cart Creator can pretty much handle donations if that's what you want to do with them, but just can't handle donations that are typed in by the person on the site. In other words, you can setup lots of products and also a donation or group of donations area and just setup More Options settings for donation amounts.

What I don't "think" you can do is set them up tax free unless all things are tax free. I'm pretty sure the taxes are total for entire cart thing not per item, so I don't think you can do a donation thing without charging taxes if you have taxes setup for products.

I would instead suggest, if this is feasible for you, that you setup your products as normal and then setup in a side panel a Paypal button for donations. This would end up being a separate transaction of course, but gives you both worlds in the same place if that works for you.

Bout all I can think of to do since the tax situation is an either or for full cart rather than per item.
User 1889806 Photo

17 posts

Was the issue of "volume pricing" addressed in Pro? Might be "free freight" at certain dollar amount, or 1-6 @ $X and 7+ @ $Y.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Highcountry wrote:
Was the issue of "volume pricing" addressed in Pro? Might be "free freight" at certain dollar amount, or 1-6 @ $X and 7+ @ $Y.

That is not a feature found in the initial release of SCC Pro. It will be a feature in one of the subsequent releases.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.