New to this - Post ID 120977

User 2033548 Photo

40 posts

Ok:

If I buy the pro designer, do I need the basic shopping cart software also? If I need them both, where do I design my shop, in the basic version or in the pro version. Maybe I design in the basic and export it into the pro version.

Will someone please explain.

Thanks,

Mauiwh
User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

Designer Pro is for designing themes and editing themes you may already have. You can then use those themes in Shopping Cart Creator to make your shop and upload.

Shopping Cart Creator also comes with lots of themes that you can use so unless you want to change the design of those themes or make new ones you don't really need it.

Shopping Cart Creator is all that most people need unless they want to get into more advanced designing of their shop.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said...but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not exactly what I meant.

User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Cart Creator for shop setup and admin functions and Designer Pro for design changes.

When I open SC Designer Pro and select File > New, it brings up the dialog to select a pre-existing theme. That leads me to believe that you can heavily modify existing themes to create a new theme but not create one from scratch. So you can only select the narrow or wider templates but create a new template that is 100% wide.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 2033548 Photo

40 posts

So......................

If I buy just the plain shopping cart program, will it allow me to use my own background image or colors or do I need the designer program to do this?

Thanks!

Mauiwh
User 562592 Photo

2,038 posts

You will need the designer program to do that. The basic cart program allows you to use pre-installed templates for design and that is it. You have to purchase either Deigner or Designer pro in order to use your own design stuff.
The philosopher has not done philosophy until he has acted upon the mere conviction of his idea; for proof of the theory is in the act, not the idea.

My Web Development Company: http://www.innovatewebdevelopment.com (Created with Coffee Cup Software).

My Personal Website: http://www.EricSEnglish.com

User 2033548 Photo

40 posts

Thanks Eric!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.