Is Designer not a WYSIWYG Program? -...

User 371048 Photo

59 posts

I am having problems trying to create a site with Designer Pro for some reason.

When I design a site in Designer, I am not getting what I see. For example, SOMA1.JPG (attached) is what I see in Designer. I save this and export this to Create Pro but in Creator I end up with SOMA2.JPG (attached).

There is a red dotted line on the header in Designer . . . is the the header? If so, then what is the portion immediately below this and above the Navigation Page Properties? Additionally, if the portion contained within the dotted red line is the header, how does the example SOAP site have a header that extends below this?

Confused.
Attachments:
-- me

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

This is the same issue we talked about last Wednesday Jay. You need to check the box in the Advance tab and then adjust the padding. Check your previous support ticket for a refresher. There are a few screenshots in there too.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 371048 Photo

59 posts

OK ... that completely slipped my mind.
Thank you for reminding me.

-- me

User 2114410 Photo

383 posts

jayjay wrote:
how does the example SOAP site have a header that extends below this?

Confused.

The navigation bar padding has been pushed lower than sitting on the bottom of the header properties. Or the header properties has been set lower pushing the navigation bar down. One of those two. Not sure which unless I went and played around with it. :/

You could play around with your navigation bar and or header padding properties in designer to try to achieve the same look. :)

Depending on the theme you're using though, it could mess up your search box, cart summary details, and not look pretty. :D

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.