Image Alignment on Product Details...

User 2114410 Photo

383 posts

Janys Hyde wrote:

So yes - in answer to the original question. It is possible in the Designer Pro to position the thumbnails horizontally in pairs by adjusting the size of the larger image and the thumbnails (and borders, padding and margins) to make sure both areas of image content occupy the same number of pixels in total.

Can I ask for further clarification on this. I have the same problem Sally had, where the thumbnails tile horizontally when I changed the main image size after downloading 3.8.

I've tried adjusting the image of the thumbnails to equal the main image in total, but it doesn't work. I need to make them a touch smaller in total for them to tile vertically, and then there is a tiny alignment issue on the right hand thumbnail.

So this leads me to ask, which padding, borders (only have 1 default for images) & margains would I need to allow for to make their totals equal? I don't want to move my product description page around too much from what it is, but I'm unsure which ones affect the image issue.

Thanks.
User 2114410 Photo

383 posts

Sorry, tried to edit my post but it wouldn't let me. As I was excited about the new update, I got my horizontals and verticals mixed up. :D

I would like to tile 3 images. 1 main image, with 2 thumbnails tiled horizontally.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Bren,

Do you have a link to your shop? I'm going to guess this is probably a browser issue rather than a shop issue myself, but a link would help to decide if that's the case or not :)
User 2114410 Photo

383 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
Hiya Bren,

Do you have a link to your shop? I'm going to guess this is probably a browser issue rather than a shop issue myself, but a link would help to decide if that's the case or not :)

Hi Jo Ann. Thank you but I haven't published using the new template yet. I want to get it perfect before I use it. And I might wait until SCC Pro is released too as "if it ain't broke" kind of deal. :D

They are perfectly even using the prior version of SCD Pro with the default large image & two thumbnails. It's when I upgraded and changed things around to a larger main image size.

I have previewed in IE & FF and it's showing either tiled vertically, or if I get them horizontal, the right hand thumbnail is, at a guess, 1 to 2 points short of the main image. The average person may not even notice, but I'm a fuss pot. :/
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

You can always create a bogus test shop folder for viewing on the web before really putting it live and giving a link that way. You can always delete it at any time then so there's no issues with people accidentally using it, but if you state that here most people are smart enough not to buy from it hehe. Just a thought, and it would definitely help for us to see it and it would help for you too because it could be something in the theme setup that isn't previewing correctly when offline too.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.