Designing the final Cart Page - Post...

User 2114410 Photo

383 posts

I'm trying to put a boarder around the text in the final cart page (and the one preceding too, if I can).

This is the standard:

Proceed to secure credit card checkout with PayPal
Thank you for shopping with us!
We will now transfer you to the secure payment gateway where you can enter your credit card data

with the Paypal logo & Return to Shop & Proceed to Checkout buttons.

My last theme had a nice boarder around it, and I've searched high & low and I can't find anywhere to place a boarder around it.

I feel it's a bit washed out on the page as is, and I'm trying to make things easy for the customer to proceed. :D

I can put a boarder around the preceding cart page (the full page, not the message) , or around the items in the cart, but not around these cart messages.

I've tried to copy all the settings from my old theme, but it doesn't work.

Does anyone know where the settings are for the cart messages?

Thanks. :)
User 2114410 Photo

383 posts

Well this is embarrassing. I just found the cart message properties. :rolleyes::lol:

It pays to check what you're changing in the dropdown, as well as what is in front of your eyes. As it shows in the theme as your "preview" options, I'd made these as unobtrusive as possible, so I could preview without large text, boarders etc. To think I've been trying to find this for a few weeks. :rolleyes:

Long story short, problem solved, and I hope if someone else is as silly as I am, this thread helps. :D

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.