Clients providing product updates or...

User 373151 Photo

18 posts

Hi there, i have not bought the software yet and I am just looking at possibilites of using it for clients instead of one of the many php scripted ones which are often far to heavyweight for most clients.

What do most of you do if you create stores for clients and they want frequent changes to product range or prices?

I have been looking at the CSV to see if it was possible to get clients just to constantly update a CSV file and then provide that.

I find the sample CSV in the documents is a bit complicated for this.

It would be better if the CSV just contained the product name, description, price etc. so that a client could provide quick and easy changes.

I think they will find the full csv confusing.

I'm sure the software could have a place in my toolbox for simple stores if there is a solution.
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Andrew - I've not messed with it too much, and thus don't know for certain, but (since you can edit the product database via Excel or Ooo Spreadsheet) you might be able to provide them with the file with the fields highlighted for ease of updates.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.