Change "products in..." text - Post...

User 2137031 Photo

37 posts

In my shopping cart, when I select "featured product" check box for a product, it appears on my category page under the title "Products in Bird Houses" on the page. This is misleading as there are really more products that just these one or two.

I would like to change that title to "Featured Products in [category name]".

Been looking for the way to do that in designer pro....can it be done? Can't seem to figure out how to.

Thanks.
User 562592 Photo

2,038 posts

I am not sure I follow, but you can change the heading titles in the pro cart. If its an actual page, then you do that through your options tab at the top. If it is a heading, then you should be able to change it right there in the headings. Could you be a little more specific?
The philosopher has not done philosophy until he has acted upon the mere conviction of his idea; for proof of the theory is in the act, not the idea.

My Web Development Company: http://www.innovatewebdevelopment.com (Created with Coffee Cup Software).

My Personal Website: http://www.EricSEnglish.com

User 2137031 Photo

37 posts

Look at this url: http://wildlife-habitats.com/category.php

Then look just below bird houses where it says...products in bird houses...this should say "Featured products in bird houses" as that is what that bird house is. There are really a lot more bird houses in that category.
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Mark Roberts wrote:
Look at this url: http://wildlife-habitats.com/category.php

Then look just below bird houses where it says...products in bird houses...this should say "Featured products in bird houses" as that is what that bird house is. There are really a lot more bird houses in that category.

I think i know what you are referring to, if in the pages options set up you select a number of products (ie 1) you get one product displyed, so i have selected in my link below 3 to evenly space my page

http://www.handmade-by-me.co.uk/signet1/category.php

If you select NONE you will just get a list of categories with no products

i think there is an option for ALL but with so many products your page would be excessively long

I think you are suggesting JUST a wording change, and i have a suspician that may be restricted by the number of available characters ?

Hence my heading for the page which i am sure hardly any customer would bother to read !!!!

Need a techy to answer that one (i hasten to add I think FEATURED PRODUCTS would be nice)
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

I found you a solution :: in designer pro you can put a background image in behind the text

If you made a long strip (image) and put the Featured Products text as part of the image and central (middle ) of the strip

You can then change the text that says products into the same colour as your strip (so it vanishes)

Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 1970050 Photo

151 posts

I would also like to change this wording. 'Featured Products' would be better, as Mark suggests. While Viv's work around should work, that is extra effort that could be eliminated by giving us more flexibilty in the first place. Really, would it be that big a deal to allow us to change our headings, etc. ?? This lack of flexibilty is a major peeve of mine with this program.
Marilyn near Las Vegas

www.marilynweil.com - VSD, CCD pro, SCC pro
www.elioness.com (web graphics)
www.mdweil.com (travel photos)
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Marilyn wrote:
I would also like to change this wording. 'Featured Products' would be better, as Mark suggests. While Viv's work around should work, that is extra effort that could be eliminated by giving us more flexibilty in the first place. Really, would it be that big a deal to allow us to change our headings, etc. ?? This lack of flexibilty is a major peeve of mine with this program.

With the release of SCC Pro and the new options that it came with we also realized that the wording needed to be tweaked. This will be included in version 3.9
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1970050 Photo

151 posts

When is the next version due out?
Marilyn near Las Vegas

www.marilynweil.com - VSD, CCD pro, SCC pro
www.elioness.com (web graphics)
www.mdweil.com (travel photos)
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Marilyn wrote:
When is the next version due out?

Soon... ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.