Webbie Special Offer - Post ID 153846

User 2113283 Photo

24 posts

Hey guys,

Great offer for the Webbie thing but I'm wondering if I can still keep my SDrive and website for free? I'm not at the point of needing three or nine sites, or any of the nifty things on offer, and just want to be able to see my site live to check for problems. If I don't upgrade, will I lose my site?

Thanks,
Anj
ATLEENHOUTS
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Yes, you will keep your site on the Freebe plane.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2196691 Photo

5 posts

I have not been able to post to my site via email today. Is there a problem?

Just set up the site this morning..... carda.coffeecup.com

Love the service!
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Looking at carda.coffeecup.com I see a picture of a dog and the posted is dataed March 9th.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2196691 Photo

5 posts

Yes, thanks Scott. With the free version, am I only able to post one time per day? Was trying to get the others to post to it as well.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Tim Houweling wrote:
Yes, thanks Scott. With the free version, am I only able to post one time per day? Was trying to get the others to post to it as well.

You can post as many times as you like per day. For others to post to your Stream, they first must be setup as a contributor. Once you add them, they can post to this stream by sending an email to: post+ADDRESS@coffeecup.com.
User 2196691 Photo

5 posts

Hi Scott,

I don't know if I'm the only person having issues posting to sdrive today, but I've set up contributors, asked them to post from their mobile phone as well as their computer and the only one that got through is the one I posted from coffeecup directly.

If the service is working for others, then I'll go back to the drawing board and figure it out.

Harry
User 2196691 Photo

5 posts

Something just happened - thanks Scott. Seems to work now.
User 2113283 Photo

24 posts

that's awesome, thanks!
ATLEENHOUTS
User 12071 Photo

42 posts

How long is the special offer likely to run for? I've been flat out on a bunch of programming tasks so I've not had chance to try s-drive yet and nor will I for a little longer. Having said that $19 is nothing really so if its ending soon I'll just grab it now - its probably worth it just for the extra themes anyway. If I have a bit of time then I'll wait as there is no point in starting my 6 months off if I'm not using it!

If at the end of 6 months I decide I don't need the webbie package I take it it downgrades back down to one freebie stream? And if that happens will the powerpost thing still work?

As an old-school webmaster I've not really figured out the benefits of this yet so don't know if I'd stick with it. It seems to be hosting with some bloggy content management features for three sites? I run a lot more than three sites and at the moment host most of them on a single $10 a month hosting plan. If I moved them all to s-drive then I'd need quite a lot of accounts so I don't know if it'll work out for me yet. But I know CC rocks so I'll give it a try :-)

Andy
Automate your web marketing - http://www.66th.net

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.