Uploading site - Post ID 166019

User 2258869 Photo

2 posts

I am trying to upload a website I built myself using Free FTP (well a test page anyway), however, even though the index.htm file shows up in the dashboard, the site itself still says "There's nothing on here yet".
I have the file in the 'site' subdirectory. Do I need to move it somewhere else or call it home.htm????
User 2210454 Photo

231 posts

On your dashboard, click on settings. Under service settings there is a drop down menu. Change that to site, click save and that should be it. :) Hope that helps
Simon,
“If what you’re doing is not your passion, you have nothing to lose.”
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

You need to rename the file from index.htm to index.html and then it will work.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2258869 Photo

2 posts

Thanks. Just needed the 'l'
User 1707485 Photo

Trial User
2 posts

I am having the same problem. I have renamed my file to index.html and that did not work either.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

imamstre2u wrote:
I am having the same problem. I have renamed my file to index.html and that did not work either.

It works just fine: http://creativewebdesigns.coffeecup.com/ ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1707485 Photo

Trial User
2 posts

Thanks Scott! I see what I was doing wrong...I had www. before website name. Thanks for the S-Drive! Great opportunity for me to learn how to upload web sites. Glad it was just me making it so complicated. Very easy to use FTP. Love the disscussion forum. A lot of great resources/advice for me to use as I am learning and practicing my HTML coding. Still have a lot to learn!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.