Just slightly confused - Post ID 175592

User 397066 Photo

107 posts

I set up my free S Drive domain and then I also purchased two domains of my own as well as the Webbie plan. I am unsure of a few things. First, do I get three separate websites i.e. the first .coffeecup.com freebie as well as a website for each of the two domains I purchased, or do the two purchased names just point to the .coffeeecup.com freebie site so I really only get one site that all the names point to, i.e. one single hosting site? Does purchasing the Webbie plan just get you three names included and not three hosting plans? Do you lose the free site when you purchase a plan? Totally confused here.

The next question is that there is a "Vintage" template and four pages shown in the Site template. Can I delete the template and the four "included" pages once I publish my site from VSD? Once I publish from VSD, will my VSD pages be shown as well as these default pages? Hope this makes sense.
Member of the lumpen proletariat. Another cog in the wheel. Possibly a major pain in the ass soon.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

With the Webbie plan you get 3 unique website addresses. You can own as many custom domains as you like, but each domain points to one of the 3 addresses (*.coffeecup.com)

If you use one of the templates in S-Drive for your site, you can edit those through the Dashboard or with Direct FTP. However, if you publish a site with VSD, everything will be cleared out and the site you published with VSD will replace it.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 397066 Photo

107 posts

Thanks Scott. I am playing around with it a little and some more of it is starting to clear up. It is a little confusing the way everything is structured regarding the 3 domains and how the work with the settings page as well as what location you see when you wish to publish in VSD.

Do you ever sleep? I am usually not one to use emocons but, ;)
Member of the lumpen proletariat. Another cog in the wheel. Possibly a major pain in the ass soon.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Poolman wrote:
Thanks Scott. I am playing around with it a little and some more of it is starting to clear up. It is a little confusing the way everything is structured regarding the 3 domains and how the work with the settings page as well as what location you see when you wish to publish in VSD.

Do you ever sleep? I am usually not one to use emocons but, ;)
Sleep? What is that? ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Poolman - It's supposed to be a CC secret, but word has leaked out... Scott is actually a highly advanced android.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 397066 Photo

107 posts

Scott, I know you are online now (shame on you, it's Christmas after all.)
Can I have a storefront on one of my "Webbie" sites? Or will I not be able to and have to upgrade. I just want to put a small shop up.
User 397066 Photo

107 posts

OK, I though I was clear about the S Drive plans but still confused.
I purchased the Webbie plan. I then choose two domains. I now have www.poolheaterrepairscottsdale.com & www.saltwaterpoolscottsdale.com as well as the initial free domain that is now hydrobluetestsite.coffeecup.com

Do I actually have only one website space, which is the hydrobluetestsite.coffeecup.com and the other two are just addresses that simply point to that URL and whatever i build on it? Or do I have three separate sites? It looks like I really only have one site as when I go to the Domains tab on S Drive, my poolheaterrepairscottsdale.com & saltwaterpoolscottsdale.com both show that they go to the hydrobluetestsite.coffeecup.com address.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Poolman wrote:
OK, I though I was clear about the S Drive plans but still confused.
I purchased the Webbie plan. I then choose two domains. I now have www.poolheaterrepairscottsdale.com & www.saltwaterpoolscottsdale.com as well as the initial free domain that is now hydrobluetestsite.coffeecup.com

Do I actually have only one website space, which is the hydrobluetestsite.coffeecup.com and the other two are just addresses that simply point to that URL and whatever i build on it? Or do I have three separate sites? It looks like I really only have one site as when I go to the Domains tab on S Drive, my poolheaterrepairscottsdale.com & saltwaterpoolscottsdale.com both show that they go to the hydrobluetestsite.coffeecup.com address.

Custom domains, you have have as many of them as you like. Through the S-Drive domain manager, you can point each of these domains to a specific S-Drive account. The custom domains do not count towards your total website addresses. Only the *.coffeecup.com ones do.

If a domain is pointing to the wrong site, just go into the domain manager and adjust the settings and point it to the *.coffeecup.com address you want it to go to.
User 397066 Photo

107 posts

So since I have the Webbie plan shouldn't I have three .coffeecup.com addresses? I only have the one.

I'm not trying to be difficult honest, but having a bear of a time trying to grasp.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Poolman wrote:
So since I have the Webbie plan shouldn't I have three .coffeecup.com addresses? I only have the one.

I'm not trying to be difficult honest, but having a bear of a time trying to grasp.

Correct. In the drop down list in the upper right hand corner, there is where you add new addresses.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.