Cannot upload folders or files with...

User 2276240 Photo

194 posts

Ok I am new at this, so it is most likely me, but here is my problem. I designed a web site and I have been working on it for over a month now. Today I setup an account downloaded the Direct FTP and installed it. I followed the instruction for setup the server and did what the help files said to do. It shows I am connected to my side ([Corvette S-Drive Account] /jacksvettesite/), but when I try and upload the folder that contains all of my files or even if I try and do a single file I receive the following message
"S-Drive doesn't allow the requested operation on the file or folder you have selected"
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

You cannot upload files or folders to just any location on S-Drive. There are specific folders you must be in. Make sure to go into either the "sites" or "storage" folders and then try and upload your files. These are the only two folders that are then publicly accessible via HTTP on your S-Drive account.

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2276240 Photo

194 posts

Thanks, I though that I did that but I must not have, because I was able to upload everything I had on my pc to the server. Now does this mean my site can be viewed on the web, or is there anything else that i need to do?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Jack Tipton wrote:
Thanks, I though that I did that but I must not have, because I was able to upload everything I had on my pc to the server. Now does this mean my site can be viewed on the web, or is there anything else that i need to do?

Yep, it can now be viewable on the web. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2276240 Photo

194 posts

Thanks so much for all your help on this and the other issue. I have everything uploaded and the site is up and running on the web.

http://jacksvettesite.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.